Monday, July 31, 2017

Retailer Review: Book Depository

To start off the week I'm doing something a little different. A couple weeks ago I ordered from an online bookseller that I've been hearing about for months but hadn't tried yet. Prior to ordering, I had some questions, as the retailer was based in the UK and I live in the US. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the answers I was looking for and I'd heard mixed reviews about the retailer before I ordered. So today, instead of a book review I'm doing a Retailer Review to hopefully clear up any questions anyone like me might have.


What is Book Depository?
Book Depository is an online book retailer owned by Amazon with a fulfillment center in the United Kingdom.

What Can I Buy On Book Depository?
You can find almost any book you're looking for on Book Depository, often at a great discount. You can also find books that have UK covers (such as the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas which has white covers for the UK editions). 

Okay, I want to order. How much is shipping?
Shipping is free on all orders worldwide (unless you live in some obscure country that isn't listed - but the US or Canada, for instance, are definitely free)

***

Questions I had that I couldn't find answers to:

Question: Are there any additional fees? (Customs fees or otherwise)

Answer: I did not get charged a customs fee. However, I did get charged a small foreign currency charge from my bank. It was extremely small, 12 cents, and I'm not sure if this was just my bank or whether all banks charge this fee. 

Question: Is there tracking available? How soon will I really get my order?

Answer: No, there is no tracking. For U.S. orders the website estimated shipping between 5-8 days and I got my book about 7 days after it had shipped, which is more like five if we only count business days.

***

The main thing I was concerned with was the customs fee and some reviews I'd seen online where people didn't get their order.

I only ordered one book from Book Depository to test it out but overall I was happy with the service. I got my package in a timely manner, it was packaged well and it was the item I had ordered in perfect, new condition. 

The only thing I think Book Depository could improve upon is to get tracking numbers. I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to knowing where my packages are and when exactly I will receive them so I'm kind of obsessed with tracking numbers.

The Verdict:
Will I order from Book Depository again?
Yes!

Retailer Rating:
4.5 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR