Friday, August 31, 2018

Down theTBR Hole #2 - Conquering my TBR list


Down the TBR Hole is a weekly meme created and hosted by Lost in a Story.

How it works:
πŸ“š Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
πŸ“š Order on ascending date added.
πŸ“š Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
πŸ“š Read the synopses of the books
πŸ“šDecide: keep it or should it go?

The Books
Kiss Collector by Wendy Higgins

I love Wendy Higgins's books and will probably read any genre she attempts so I'm definitely hanging on this one, even if I am waiting to order it with my ApollyCon 2019 order. 
















JUDGEMENT: Stay

Gravemaidens by Kelly Coon

This book sounded so good when I first heard about it. Now I'm wondering why I added it to my TBR list. It doesn't even sound like something I would read. Maybe the title is what grabbed me. 
















JUDGEMENT: Go

Teeth in the Mist by Dawn Kurtagich

I really love Dawn Kurtagich's creepy writing style and this book sounds really good!


















JUDGEMENT: Stay

Zombie Alley by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I won a copy of this book and it sounds like something I'd find interesting. Kind of like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I'll give it a try. Just in time for Halloween!
















JUDGEMENT: Stay

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time by Kylie Scott

Normally I love Kylie Scott which is why I added this to my TBR list. But this book doesn't appeal to me at all with the much-older-guy thing. It sounds rather gross. Old man balls... ick!















JUDGEMENT: Go

The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco

I love this series so much and can't wait to read the final book. I'm hoping I'll get an ARC before release, so fingers-crossed! 

















JUDGEMENT: Stay

Empress Unveiled by Jenna Morland

I think I added this book to my TBR because the author followed me on Twitter and the book sounded good at the time. Now I don't really feel like reading it. I'm not sure I'd like it if I did. 
















JUDGEMENT: Go

Liar, Liar by Lisa Jackson

Normally I love Lisa Jackson, but I tried starting this one the other day and I just couldn't get into it. I'm going to set it aside for a while, take it off my TBR shelf, and listen to it on audiobook at some later date. 















JUDGEMENT: Go (for now)

Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco

I love this series and I've already preordered EFH in audiobook so now I just have to force myself to wait until it comes out September 18th. Waiting sucks!!!!















JUDGEMENT: Stay

Sea Witch by Sarah Henning

I've been seeing a lot of siren, Little Mermaid-prequel, sea-related books this year and this one just doesn't appeal to me as much as others. I think I'd like to try To Kill A Kingdom (which sounds similar to this one) and then see how I feel. Gorgeous cover though! (Which is probably why I added it in the first place.)













JUDGEMENT: Go

TBR Status:

Books Deleted: 5

TBR Count: 27

I actually made a dent this week, so that combined with my reading through my TBR, I'm slowly cutting this list in half!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR