Thursday, January 31, 2019

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts - 31 January 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! 

1. A couple weeks ago I got the results of my Ancestry DNA test and the results surprised me. After the expected majorities of German followed by Irish, I'm 17% French. I had no idea I was of French descent at all so I went on Ancestry to see where that particular part of my family comes from. As it turns out, I'm French on my father's side. His ancestors, my seventh great-grandparents immigrated from France to Montreal, Quebec in the 1700s. It was my second great-grandfather who immigrated to from Quebec to Wisconsin in or around 1866. I'm still going back on my mother's side, so far I'm still in the German part of my ancestry there. It's really fascinating research.

2. I started War & Peace. It's going to be slow going but I'm enjoying it so far.

3. I am determined to finish the first draft of my current writing project by tomorrow - Saturday at the very latest. After slacking for over a year, it's time to tie this one up.

4. I've devised a way to get a few of the new releases I want this year and be able to save for the vacation I want to take this year. It's a win-win and as long as the government stays open I should be able to go to Charleston, SC in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR