Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts - 14 February 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! 

1. Oh look! It's Valentine's Day. Barf. I hate this holiday and decided years ago to treat it as a second coming of my favorite holiday - Halloween. I'm going to make a fantastic dinner of lobster linguine and filet mignon paired with some red wine, queue up the horror movies, and ignore the nauseatingly "sweet" posts all over social media.

2. I realized the other day it's been probably a month since I slept in my own bed. This darn Wisconsin weather has to break so I can go back to coming and going from work as normal. When I've actually gotten used to sleeping on a futon we know it's been too long.

3. Since the mail has been screwed up with the bad weather, I just got a huge pile of packages on Monday with four amazing ARCs for me to review. Two of which come out next week. Yikes. I better get reading!

4. Speaking of reading, February has been a really awful reading month for me. It's taking me forever to get through anything. I just finished The Gilded Wolves this week and I started that one way back on January 29th! I hope things pick up in March.

5. A few years ago, 2015 I believe, I read Amy Lukavic's debut novel, Daughters Unto Devils. It's a YA horror novel reminiscent of Stephen King colliding with Little House on the Prairie. At the time, I was terrified. So terrified I got rid of the book because it creeped me out to have it in the same house as me, let alone the same room. But when I was looking through my library's Hoopla catalogue the other day guess what I came across in audiobook? So I checked it out. It's not so scary this time around and I'm loving the narration in the audiobook. But I haven't gotten to the scene toward the end that gives me nightmares...

1 comment:

  1. I really hate the Valentine movies on Hallmark...so saccharine sweet and predictable! I prefer their mystery movies.

    I don't like horror...but I have read Stephen King and watched some of those movies.

    Enjoy reading those books...and I hope the weather improves for you. Here are
    MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR