Thursday, June 6, 2019

Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts - 6 June 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! 

1. It's been a majorly hectic week. Nearly everyone I have had to deal with has been a total jerk (and that's putting it nicely). I'd say that people were going crazy because of a full moon but we're not there yet. I'm hoping things calm down this weekend, I desperately need some relaxation and a little happy time.

2. I never thought of myself as a mood reader but lately I cannot get enough of horror novels or thrillers. Most of the ARCs I've been reading or requesting lately have been falling into one of those two categories and can I just say that there are some amazing YA horror novels coming out this year? Thrillers too. I just got All Eyes on Us by Kit Frick which is a thriller compared to Pretty Little Liars and I am so excited to read it this weekend.   

3. It's mosquito season again here in Wisconsin. I hate the damn things and I already have a few bites and constantly feel itchy. I love summer but I could do without the insect life. 

4. I've decided one of my new year's resolutions for 2020 already: do not request any ARCs (eARC or physical) I've had so many to get through these past months I barely have time for new releases which makes me sad because a lot of them I've been really excited about.

5. It's Pride Month! Are you planning to read any books with a LGBTQ+ rep? I didn't plan on it being this way but I have a ton of books on my TBR cart that fit into that category. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR