Monday, February 8, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 of My Favorite Contemporary Romance Novels

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 of My Favorite Contemporary Romance Novels
This week’s TTT is a Valentine's Day / Love Freebie. I've already done my Top 10 Favorite YA Couples before so I thought I'd go with favorite contemporary romance novels this time. I'll confess... I don't read a lot of contemporary romance. I need it to be high on the sexy factor and low on the cheesy dialogue factor. In fact... as long as we're being honest here... I don't do Valentine's Day. I prefer to spend the day watching horror movies. 🤷 But there are a few sexy reads I absolutely love... so here goes.. 

1. Play by Kylie Scott
I'm a huge fan of Kylie Scott but Mal is forever my favorite book boyfriend. He's hot, funny, and just overall the best. 


2. Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward
Gentleman Nine was the first audiobook I listened to and enjoyed. It was also my first Penelope Ward book and made her an auto-buy author for me.

3. Bad Boy Brody by Tijan
The Tijan books I've read can rip your heart out and then put it back together. As you may tell from my choices here, I love romance novels that involve actors or rock stars but Bad Boy Brody is a seriously amazing book.


4. Rock King by Tara Leigh
I took this one on as a review book and loved it. There are other books in the series but this one is the best.


5. Off Limits by Penny Dee
I'm not a huge fan of big age-gaps in romance but this book made me fall in love with MC books!


6. Making Up by Helena Hunting
This was my first Helena Hunting book, I haven't read the other standalone in the series but like all of HH's other books this one made me laugh.


7. Nash by Jay Crownover
I like most of the other Marked Men books (not crazy about Rowdy I'll admit) but Nash was the first one I read (yes... I read out of order A LOT) and will always be my favorite. It's one of the few books I finished then turned the book over and started reading again from the beginning.


8. Devoured by Emily Snow
This book I think is a big underrated. It's more erotic romance than anything and I know a lot of people didn't like it but it's still one of my favorites. 


9. Bad For You by Abbi Glines
I'm sitting here trying to pick my favorite Abbi Glines book... I love so many of them. So let's just put number nine as a blanket Abbi Glines appreciation pick.


10. Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot
I love this trilogy overall, but I read this one first not realizing it was part of a series and found it so hilarious. I've reread it a bunch of times.

***
What are some of your favorite romantic/sexy/love-related reads? 
Let me know in the comments or drop a link to your TTT!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!
-Taylor

7 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about Meg Cabot's stories!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-conversation-hearts-on-covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I need to read Rock King now. Great list!

    HTML: Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give it a chance! It's a good pick if you like broken characters.

      Delete
  3. Oh man! I haven't read contemporary romance for awhile! I need to check these books out!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read Contemporary Romance often either, but I hope you get the chance to check some of these out!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these yet, but I need to give Meg Cabot a try! I love romances that make me laugh. Great post! <3

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR