This week I decided I would share with my readers the playlist that inspired me while writing Out of Darkness and a recipe based on something Lizette and her family like to eat. On another note, I'm also going to share with you something I think you should know.
Out of Darkness Playlist
“Heaven Knows” The Pretty Reckless
“Freak like Me” Halestorm
“Wicked Ones” DOROTHY
The House that Lizette lives in:
“The House That Built Me” Miranda Lambert
“House on a Hill” The Pretty Reckless
Thierry’s fight with Luke at The Miner’s Castle:
“My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark” Fall Out Boy
New Orleans / Crescent City Voodoo:
“House of the Rising Sun” The Animals
The Halloween Battle against Bryan:
“The Hammer’s Coming Down” Nickelback
Out of Darkness Inspired Recipe:
Chocolate Filled Beignets
You Will Need:
-1 Can Pillsbury Pizza Dough
-8 Mini Chocolate Candy Bars (Such as Hersheys)
-Oil for frying
1. Roll the pizza dough out on a cookie sheet lined in parchment (wax) paper, just enough that it's rectangular. Don't worry about rolling it thinner.
2. Using a pizza cutter cut the dough lengthwise in four strips, then cut the dough widthwise in half. You should now have eight smaller strips.
3. On one half of the strip, leaving about a 1/2 inch of space at the end, place one piece of chocolate on each strip.
4. Fold the other half of the dough over the side with the chocolate and press around the edges to seal the chocolate inside.
5. Heat the oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated and a small test ball of dough turns golden brown, add the beignets in batches. I'd start with 2 or 3 at a time.
6. Fry the beignets on one side 3-4 minutes or until the side begins to turn golden brown. Carefully flip the beignets using a skimmer, tongs, or spatula and fry on the other side.
7. Remove beignets from oil and transfer to a plate covered in paper towels to drain excess oil. Immediately sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. With beignets there is no such thing as too much sugar!
8. Once all beignets are fried dig in and enjoy!
Something You Should Know:
Have you noticed all the signed books I've been posting pictures of (like the ones below) and wondering where I got them?
Most are from Good Choice Reading's Apollycon 2016 Virtual Signing and now they're holding another virtual signing for Sarah J. Maas's upcoming release "A Court of Mist and Fury!" I just ordered my copy and you can do the same here: http://www.goodchoice reading.com/2016/04/a-court-of-mist-fury-by-sarah-j-maas.html
I've ordered from this company before and I have had a wonderful experience with them. The books arrive quickly and you get a tracking number to keep track of their arrival. This signing is open to the US and International!