Wednesday, April 6, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #17

                It's shaping up to be a busy week but I'm stealing every free second to disappear into the final Lux novel. This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm reading...


Lux Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Blurb:
Opposition

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can't believe Daemon stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

Shadows

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. To him, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous.

Bethany can't deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren't a complication she wants, whenever they lock eyes, she's drawn in. Captivated.

Dawson can't stop risking everything for one human girl. Or stop a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think So Far:
At first, I didn't know this book existed. I though the series ended with Origin, which would have been really disappointing. When I found out this was the fifth and final book I ordered it along with my Apollycon 2016 order. Why did I choose to read it now? Well, I read books 3 and 4 together so it only made sense to read the 5th and final book before moving on to other books on my "TBR" shelf. 
Right now I could pretty much smack Dee. Is it all an act, pretending to hate Katy, hybrids, and humans overall? Or has she been brainwashed by the evil Luxens bound and determined to take over Earth? I know Daemon still loves Katy and I'm pretty sure Dawson is only pretending to go along with the Luxen's evil plot but Dee is honestly a mystery to me. I liked her in the first two books but she's lost something with me ever since book three. Once again Katy is unfortunately kidnapped but hopefully she'll find her way back to Luc, Archer, and Beth soon... although I doubt she'll go without busting Daemon out with her.
 I like this book so far but at this point, I'm ready to finish the series and move on to something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR