Wednesday, July 20, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #32

This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm in the midst of reading two very different ARCs...

Under A Brass Moon; A Sci-Fi / Steampunk Anthology
Blurb:
A moon of gears and wires shines down upon a world of clockwork creations and humming airships. What adventures await the heroes in top hats and heroines in corsets? 

Eighteen authors wait at the kingdom’s entrance. They smile and beckon you inside their stories. 

Do you accept the offered lantern and follow? If you do, then open to the front page and begin…

What I Think of This Book So Far:
I was offered the chance to read and review this book for my writer friend, Jordan Elizabeth, who has several stories in this anthology. I liked her previous steampunk novel, Cogling, even though steampunk really isn't my thing so I decided to give this a chance. So far I'm realizing that Steampunk and I don't belong in the same sentence. I like a story or two so far but the other stories really aren't holding my attention. I'm going to try to finish reading it but so far its been a real struggle - and I really have nobody to blame but myself. 

If you like Steampunk, Under A Brass Moon will be available on Thursday, July 28, 2016, from Curiosity Quills Press. It is available on Amazon for preorder.

On the other hand, the other book I'm reading is really pulling me in...

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
Blurb:
When Tea accidentally resurrects her brother from the dead, she learns she is different from the other witches in her family. Her gift for necromancy means that she's a bone witch, a title that makes her feared and ostracized by her community. But Tea finds solace and guidance with an older, wiser bone witch, who takes Tea and her brother to another land for training.
In her new home, Tea puts all her energy into becoming an asha-one who can wield elemental magic. But dark forces are approaching quickly, and in the face of danger, Tea will have to overcome her obstacles...and make a powerful choice.

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think of it So Far:
I saw this book on Netgalley and instantly fell in love with the cover. While I won't give much away, I really am enjoying the story. It's different from the other kinds of books I read, definitely in the fantasy genre but I like the storyline and how the book is written. I'm compelled to keep reading it to see what's going to happen next. This is definitely a book to add to your TBR List!

The Bone Witch will be available Tuesday, March 7, 2017, from Sourcebooks Fire. You can preorder it on Amazon in eBook or Hardcover! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR