Wednesday, August 10, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #35

        After breezing through Descend, book two of the really fantastic Awakened Fates Series earlier this week now I'm starting a new book and a new series I've heard great things about...

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Blurb:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape a rigid caste system, live in a palace, and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her, and competing for a crown she doesn’t want.

Then America meets Prince Maxon—and realizes that the life she’s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think So Far:
Like I said, I've heard great things about this series. Everyone I've talked to seems to love it so I thought I would give it a try. Dystopian-set novels aren't usually my thing but Amazon says that people who liked books like the Divergent books will enjoy this and since I did like that book (until Hollywood got involved and screwed it up by making a movie, not to mention the author completely ruined everything in book three...) I'm hoping I will enjoy The Selection. So far I'm only a few pages in but it's not putting me to sleep so I'll take that as a good sign. On the other hand... a world without Halloween? The best holiday of the whole year? I would never survive in this world. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR