Sunday, October 2, 2016

Calling All Artists and Writers!

      As some of you might know, I run a group on the art website, DeviantArt. The group centers around all mediums of art that portray paranormal, gothic or horror subjects. Every Halloween I hold a Halloween Contest. If you are an artist on DeviantArt (or just want to sign up to participate) and you're interested in entering the Halloween contest the details are as follows:

      It's time for Paranormal-Artists' FOURTH ANNUAL HALLOWEEN CONTEST and for the first time we have a theme! By popular vote, this year's theme will be...

DARK FAIRY TALES


      Fairy Tale retellings are hugely popular lately, especially in the literary world. So this Halloween season I want you to pick a fairy tale (any fairy tale, get creative and do some research... maybe you can unearth some obscure fairy tale that not many people remember) and give it a twist. Maybe Sleeping Beauty was put to sleep for the protection of the people. Perhaps the beast in Beauty and the Beast was a horrifying bloodthirsty monster. You get the idea.

    The contest folder "DARK FAIRY TALES CONTEST 2016" will be open for entries from now until Noon CST on OCTOBER 30, 2016. Winners will be announced at MIDNIGHT ON HALLOWEEN


RULES:
     :skull: You MUST be a member of Paranormal-Artists to enter the contest.
     :pumpkin: Please submit your entries to the “DARK FAIRY TALES CONTEST 2016” Folder. Entries submitted to any other folder will not be considered. 
     :zombie: Only one submission per person, please!
     :pumpkin: All submissions must be new and created for the contest.
     :skull: All submissions must mention the group, this contest, and the theme in the artist's comments.
     :pumpkin: Submissions can be in any medium of your choosing (Short Stories, Poems, Drawings, Photographs, Photomanipulations, etc.) as long as your creation has something to do with the theme. 

   PRIZES:
   1st Place:
    25 :points:
    A Feature in :icontaylorfenner:'s (my) Journal and my blog (taylorfenner.blogspot.com)
    An ebook copy of my most recent Paranormal Romance novel, OUT OF DARKNESS

   2nd Place:
     15 :points:
     A Feature in :icontaylorfenner:'s Journal and my blog (taylorfenner.blogspot.com)
     The opportunity to name a character in my upcoming novel

   3rd Place: 
      10 :points:
      A Feature in :icontaylorfenner:'s Journal and my blog (taylorfenner.blogspot.com)
      A llama from :icontaylorfenner:

      All winners will also be featured at :icondeviantsgallery:

     
At this time I'm actively seeking prize donations. I wish my contributions could be more but things are tight right now, hence my creative alternative to point prizes. If you would like to donate please either note :icontaylorfenner: or note the group! Anything can count as a prize: DA Subscriptions, Points, Artwork Commissions, Prints, Books, Features, Llamas...ANYTHING!
    
Also, be sure to check out :iconprettyflour:'s "A Monster Calls" Prose Contest! Details can be found here: Prettyflour's A Monster Calls Prose ContestHey, everyone! Later this week I'll be announcing our annual Halloween contest but in the meantime, our awesome group member :iconprettyflour: is holding a Halloween contest of her own. Here are the details:
Hello, everyone!
Welcome to Prettyflour's Halloween of Horrors!
Fall is here. Leaves are turning.
Apples and pumpkins are EVERYWHERE.
Halloween is right around the corner.
It's time for scary stories.
It's time for a contest!
A Monster Calls.
This is a literature contest.
Show me a monster in prose.
Scare me. Thrill me.
Tell me a monstrous tale!
The deadline for this contest is 10/30/2016.
Note me :iconprettyflour: with your submission.
Please mention this contest in your comments.
New work for this contest, please.
Only prose please (1000 word limit).
Be scary! Be creative! Show me a monster!
Winners. There will be two.
1st prize gets
400 points, a scary short story by me, and a feature in  :iconpoeticalcondition:, :iconpoets-and-warriors:, :iconflashfictionlives: and :icon

      
Good luck and happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR