Wednesday, November 9, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #48

After finishing The Thousandth Floor (a great book you definitely should read! Check out my review here) and finally receiving my book order from Books of Wonder, this "WIR"-Wednesday I'm reading...

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
Blurb:
In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose...it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.

The last queen standing gets the crown. 

Why I Chose This Book / What I Think So Far:
Three Dark Crowns was part of my fall reads blog, and the blurb really appealed to me. When I saw I could preorder a signed copy from Books of Wonder I jumped at the chance. Since there was such a delay from them waiting for the preorder swag that came with the other book I ordered, Nemesis, the anticipation to read this book has been brewing for about six weeks. That being said, Three Dark Crowns isn't quite what I was expecting it to be. I'm not saying I don't like it, I was just expecting it to be different I guess. I've never read anything by Kendare Blake before so I didn't know what to expect. Three Dark Crowns keeps me interested in seeing what is going to happen next, but I don't have as much enthusiasm for it as I have for other books I've read lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR