Saturday, December 31, 2016

BIG New Year's Eve Book Blog (2016 Round-up)

If there were a book theme to 2016, it would be the year of Fantasy. This year I discovered and fell in love with so many fantasy books that it's dominated my TBR shelf, my what I'm reading posts, and my life.  I read so many books this year that it was hard to narrow it down to my "top" favorites.

My Top 15 Favorite Books of 2016:
Note: Not all of these books have released as of post date

15. Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper
This book was one of my favorite indie books of the year. I'd picked it up free on my Kindle and fell in love with the story from the first page. The author gives a really unique spin on reincarnation and soul mates. 











14. Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
I'd read about this book from a book blogger and decided to pick it up earlier this year. This spooky book about a hotel where you can stay for the night... or forever was an amazing read! 

Now I just want to pick up a paperback copy with the new cover and title "Hotel for the Lost."











13. Grace by Leanne Rathbone
For a debut book by a new author, this book completely blew me away. You wouldn't believe this was Leanne's first published novel. I just hope she continues the series. Fans of Lauren Kate's Fallen Series and Wendy Higgins's Sweet Series will love this book where good and bad flips.












12. Under the Lights by Abbi Glines
This might be one of my favorite Abbi Glines novels ever! This one just really spoke to me and I loved everything about it.















11. The House by Christina Lauren
I just have one thing to say to you: The house is ALIVE! This book was my creepy obsession at the beginning of 2016!















10. Awaken by Skye Malone
I fell in love with Skye Malone's books over the summer, so this really encompasses her whole Awakened Fate Series. Skye is now one of my go-to authors. 














9. The Obsession by Nora Roberts
This is my favorite Nora Roberts book since Carolina Moon.
















8. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
This book was really unique, from the way the story was told to the story itself. I won't say anything more... just check this book out when it comes out in March!














7. And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
I didn't like The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich but this book was AMAZING! Just wow, it kept me up all night finishing it! 













6. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
I hadn't read the first 4 books in this series but this one was amazing! Just the fact that I could jump in at book five and understand what was going on is a credit to the author.














5. RoseBlood by AG Howard
This was an amazing retelling of the Phantom of the Opera. This is a book you should definitely check out in January!















4. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
This book was one of my favorite fantasy reads of 2016! Already I'm dying to read the next book in the series!















3. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
I wasn't sure I would like this book but it was fantastic. It truly is like a futuristic Gossip Girl and the Tower and all of the futuristic gadgets were so inventive. 












2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
*Sighs* RHYSAND. Enough said. I loved this even more than ACOTAR and I can't wait for A Court of Wings and Ruin to come out in May!















1. The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
Wendy Higgins's first attempt at High Fantasy was perfect. There wasn't a thing about it I didn't love and I can't wait for The Great Pursuit to come out to see how everything will end. 















Authors I Discovered and Love in 2016:
Christina Lauren (Co-Authors [Christina Lauren is the pen name of two female authors] of The House)
Suzanne Young (Author of Hotel Ruby)
Sarah J. Maas (Author of the Throne of Glass and ACOTAR series)
AG Howard (Author of the Splintered Series, RoseBlood, and The Architect of Song)
Skye Malone (Author of The Awakened Fate Series)
Katharine McGee (Author of The Thousandth Floor)
Erin Summerill (Author of Ever the Hunted)
Amanda Hocking (Author of Freeks)
Anna Banks (Author of Nemesis)
D. Kelly (Author of Just An Illusion - Side A)
Zoey Derrick (Author of the 69 Bottles Series)
Sabrina Ramoth (Author of Curse of the Bruel Coven)
Karen Amanda Hooper (Author of the Kindrily Series)
Brynn Chapman (Author of The Requiem Red)
Leanne Rathbone (Author of Grace)
Jamie Shaw (Author of the Mayhem Series)
Sandra Brown (Author of many books including Low Pressure)
Rin Chupeco (Author of The Bone Witch)

That's it for 2016! I read a ton of amazing books in 2016, and it was so hard to narrow it down to just my top 15 favorites. What were some of your favorite books that you read in 2016? Did one of my novels make the list? Let me know in the comments!

Happy New Year! See you in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR