Wednesday, May 10, 2017

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #74

This "WIR"-WEDNESDAY I'm not doing too much pleasure reading. That's not true, I'm enjoying what I'm reading but in truth I'm doing a final proofing of Through the Fog now that my editor has finished with it...

Through the Fog (Eternals Trilogy #3) by Taylor Fenner (me)
Blurb:

Two Souls

After Thierry traps Luke in a coma-like slumber with the help of a powerful Voodoo priestess, Lizette, Sam, Keiran, Finn, and Wes must leave New Orleans and journey through the fog to the mythical Garden of Eden.

One Unbreakable Binding

There Claudette tells them they must harvest the blood of a rare animal native only to the Garden of Eden which contains the only antidote to Luke’s curse. They’ll have to hurry back to deliver the antidote before the binding that merges Luke and Lizette’s powers kills Lizette from being so far away from Luke.

If One Dies, So Does the Other

Where is the Garden of Eden? How can they be so sure that it even exists? Lizette will need the help of all of her friends as they travel through war-torn countries and battle mythical creatures that guard the Garden of Eden and the mysteries trapped within to save the life of the man she loves.

It’s More Than a Hunt for the Antidote; It is a Fight for Survival.

Will they get the antidote to Luke in time? Or have they come across the one curse strong enough to destroy an Eternal? Find out in the stunning conclusion to the Eternals Trilogy.

Bonus: Included Exclusive Eternals Trilogy Novelette "Eternal Fire"

Two years before Out of Darkness, eighteen-year-old Finn Madigan is your average teenage guy. He has friends, cuts an obscene amount of class, and has hooked up with nearly every girl in the senior class. But Finn has a secret - he's an Elemental, a person capable of creating bursts of fire and spouts of water from thin air.

Finn just wants to bide his time in his hometown, Ishpeming, Michigan, until he graduates and can put as much distance between himself and the town, his parents, and his perfect brother as possible.

Then he meets a green-haired beauty named Arianthe and everything changes. Finally, Finn has someone who understands what he's going through and before he knows it he's falling in love.

But like William Shakespeare said, the course of true love never did run smooth. Can Finn hang on to Arianthe? Or will his brother Keiran steal her away?

How the proofing is going:
So far I'm just dealing with a few formatting issues which I will correct upon finishing reading but this is one of my favorite of my novels. This is actually the first time I've read it all the way through at once and if I as the writer am hooked, I know you will be too!

I'm also still reading...

A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR Series #3) by Sarah J. Mass
Blurb:

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places. 

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.

What I Think So Far:
***Spoiler Free***
I was seriously excited for this book but so far it's not exactly what I was expecting. I can't even say why but it's kind of dragging for me. You know how sometimes you see a preview for a movie and think it sounds good but then they start really pushing it marketingwise then you see it and it isn't as good as you hoped? That's kind of ACOWAR for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR