Thursday, June 29, 2017

#BookMail Thursday #26

While this week I technically didn't have any "book mail" because I've been adhering to my book buying ban. I did make one little splurge when I went to Barnes and Noble for the first time in at least eight months last Friday. My book splurge was...

Barnes and Noble Splurge:
Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis
Hunted by Meagan Spooner

Remember how I was talking about wanting to get Given to the Sea a couple weeks ago? The problem I find lately is that since I'm far away from the nearest Barnes and Noble and my local Walmart doesn't have the best selection of YA novels, I've been buying most of my books online. Sure, there's nothing wrong with that, they're usually cheaper than when you buy them at the store but other than reading the first few pages you can't really get a feel for whether you'll like the book or not when you buy online. For me, I always read the last few paragraphs of a book to determine whether I will like it or not and you can't exactly do that online. I was craving the ability to flip through books at an actual bookstore, so when I had the chance to get out of the house last week and go to Barnes and Noble I was over the moon. 

I got to look at so many books I'd been considering and realize that most of them I wouldn't have liked anyway, therefore saving me money. I finally decided on these two books because I've wanted them for a while and they both look like good reads. Hunted has such a gorgeous cover (actually they both have awesome covers but Hunted's cover is just so shiny in person and you can't tell that from photos). 

While I love shopping online it was nice to be able to hang out in my happy place for a little while. I've said it before but I mean it now when I say this will probably be my last book splurge for a while. 

***
Have you bought any new books lately? What did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR