Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #80

After the emotional roller coaster of Just An Illusion: EP by D. Kelly, I jumped into a book that's more likely to scare me senseless than make me cry. This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm reading...

The Shining by Stephen King
Blurb:
Jack Torrance’s new job at the Overlook Hotel is the perfect chance for a fresh start. As the off-season caretaker at the atmospheric old hotel, he’ll have plenty of time to spend reconnecting with his family and working on his writing. But as the harsh winter weather sets in, the idyllic location feels ever more remote . . . and more sinister. And the only one to notice the strange and terrible forces gathering around the Overlook is Danny Torrance, a uniquely gifted five-year-old.

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
I chose to read this book at this time for several reasons. The first, most obvious reason being that on Monday I sat down to read my ARC copy of Just An Illusion: EP by D. Kelly and it was such a sad, emotional read that I had to read something so drastically different, something guaranteed to not make me cry, so I picked my most recent book purchase, The Shining. 

The second reason is that with the book I'm nearly finished writing, Headless, my main character can't stand to read romance novels, preferring horror novels, especially the works of Stephen King. Since I've watched a few of the movies, but I've never read any of Stephen King's books I decided starting with The Shining was a good place to start. I'm eager to see the differences between the book and the movie. 

So far I'm loving the story and I find the writing easy to get absorbed in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR