Monday, August 28, 2017

Book Review: Fallen Heir by Erin Watt

Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4) by Erin Watt
Blurb:
These Royals will ruin you.

Easton Royal has it all: looks, money, intelligence. His goal in life is to have as much fun as possible. He never thinks about the consequences because he doesn’t have to.

Until Hartley Wright appears, shaking up his easy life. She’s the one girl who’s said no, despite being attracted to him. Easton can’t figure her out and that makes her all the more irresistible.

Hartley doesn’t want him. She says he needs to grow up.

She might be right.

Rivals. Rules. Regrets. For the first time in Easton’s life, wearing a Royal crown isn’t enough. He’s about to learn that the higher you start, the harder you fall.

My Review:
Aaahhhh, Easton; my favorite of the Royal brothers! I've been waiting so long for Easton's book and it was definitely worth the wait! 

Easton Royal just wants to have fun. He doesn't care about school or football (even though he's smarter than you'd think), he just wants to - dare I say? - self-destruct. Life is about three things for him: sex, drinking and having no responsibilities. 

Until new girl, Hartley Wright catches him doing something he shouldn't be. What starts out as Easton trying to make sure Hartley won't tell anyone what she saw quickly turns into him wanting to be around Hartley all the time. 

But Hartley is very guarded. She has to be with the secrets she's hiding. She doesn't want or need someone like Easton in her life. But Easton won't be discouraged that easily. 

Will Easton realize his feelings for Hartley are more than just physical? Will Hartley ever let her walls down and let Easton know what's going on with her? And once that secret is revealed, will it make both of their lives implode?

I loved this book! Easton's story was fantastic and I found myself enjoying it more than the last book in this series, Twisted Palace. While I love Reed, Easton will always be my favorite and I just want to hug him for all of the feelings of inadequacy he feels. He sees himself as a screw-up, even though he's surrounded by people that love him.

I was dying to find out what secrets Hartley was hiding and at times I found her a bit frustrating as a character but I liked her and Easton together. I hope they have the chance to explore the possibility of them being together in the next book.

That being said - the ending! OMG that ending! Once again Erin Watt has ruined me with that ending! How will I make it until the end of the year to see what happens after that ending?!?! You can't just leave me with that! 

Overall, this book is a great addition to the Royals series! If you love Easton as much as I do you need to read this book! It was a fast-paced read that I didn't want to put down and ended up reading all at once. Now I feel like I'll be in a Royals book hangover until the next book comes out!

My Rating:
5 of 5 Stars!
Grab your copy of Fallen Heir...
Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Add to Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR