Saturday, September 2, 2017

#BookTag Saturday: The Coffee Book Tag

This week I've found a book tag that embraces one of my favorite things: coffee! Yes, this week I'm tackling the Coffee Book Tag. Book Tag originally found on: Paper Fury


BLACK: NAME A SERIES THAT’S TOUGH TO GET INTO BUT HAS HARDCORE FANS.

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

I may just be saying that because I had a hard time getting into it, but the first book was mind-blowingly boring. I swear nothing happened in the whole book, they just spent a lot of time strategizing about what would happen when the three queens faced off. Yet everyone else seems to love the first book and I've heard rave early reviews of One Dark Throne. 

PEPPERMINT MOCHA: NAME A BOOK THAT GETS MORE POPULAR DURING THE WINTER OR A FESTIVE TIME OF YEAR.

The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston

Maybe it's the title, but this book, Wintersong, and Stealing Snow are all books that remind me of winter, although I read Stealing Snow last fall and Wintersong in late winter and I can't remember what season it was when I read The Winter Witch.

HOT CHOCOLATE: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDREN’S BOOK?

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare

The Witch of Blackbird Pond is probably one of the few books I was assigned to read in school that I actually liked. Really liked. Why? Because there's some romance in it. Teachers aren't too big on assigning books with romantic themes which I think is sad because love is the most important thing in life, but I digress. I still reread this book every October even though it's a MG book.

DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO: NAME A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT FROM START TO FINISH.

Broken Prince by Erin Watt

I mean we had that cliff-hanger at the end of Paper Princess and I was dying to find out how Reed would explain what he'd done and dig himself out of the hole he'd dug for himself. Would Ella forgive him? And then that one ended in a cliffhanger! Agh! Erin Watt, you torture me! 

STARBUCKS: NAME A BOOK YOU SEE EVERYWHERE.

Any of Sarah J. Maas's books, but probably A Court of Mist and Fury or Empire of Storms

It's hard to believe that before April of 2016 I'd never heard of Sarah J. Maas. Now every time I go on bookstagram I see tons of pictures of her books. Every. Single. Day. I mean, I love SJM and the TOG and ACOTAR series, but those books are everywhere! 

THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP: GIVE A BOOK BY AN INDIE AUTHOR A SHOUTOUT

Awaken by Skye Malone

 I love Skye Malone's books. She's probably my favorite indie author since I can't get enough of her books! And now I wait, anxiously awaiting the next Awakened Fate book... please be soon?!?!

OOPS! I ACCIDENTALLY GOT DECAF: NAME A BOOK YOU WERE EXPECTING MORE FROM.

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

 There was just so much hype and I don't think ACOWAR lived up to it. I was expecting so much and in the end, I think this book could have been half the length it was and been much better.

THE PERFECT BLEND: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT WAS BOTH BITTER AND SWEET, BUT ULTIMATELY SATISFYING.

The Hollow Trilogy by Jessica Verday

Oh, the emotional trauma Abbey goes through throughout this trilogy. Her best friend's death - falling in love with a dead guy - thinking she's crazy - not being able to touch said hot dead guy. Oh, how we love the things that cause us pain the most! 

GREEN TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT IS QUIETLY BEAUTIFUL.

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen

This book is so beautiful. It's about coming to terms with who you are and learning to love yourself. It's definitely a must read for teenage girls with self-esteem issues. 

CHAI TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT MAKES YOU DREAM OF FAR OFF PLACES.

Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco

This book took me to a place I never thought I'd want to go - Romania - and made me fall in love with Bran Castle and the history of the area and folklore. Kerri Maniscalco's excellent world building has once again given me wanderlust.

EARL GREY: NAME YOUR FAVOURITE CLASSIC.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Because of Mr. Darcy. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR