Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Year Of #BookMail

As 2017 draws to a close it's time to reflect on some of the book mail I've gotten over the past year. Let's open up that mailbox one last time...


February




March


April

May



June


July


August

September

October



November

December

It's been a great year for books and I anticipated 2018 is going to be even better. There are so many books coming out next year I *have* to have. I'm scared to think how much money I spend on books in a year, I don't even think I want to add it up but as my grandmother always says "books are never a waste of money." 

The one thing I haven't received this year was a parcel from my bookstagram secret Santa. I'd signed up for Bookstagram Secret Santa (#LiveLaughSantaTales17) thinking it would be a fun, positive experience but it's turned out to be pure hell. I sent my package to my recipient way back on Black Friday and it was received by my person on that following Tuesday and it took nearly a week to get a thank you. But I looked past that and was eager to get my package from my secret Santa. The deadline for packages to be sent out was December 11th and so far I have received nothing. (And I know this isn't a case of mail theft because I live in a locked apartment building and my grandmother is home all the time even if I step out for a little while.) I'm really starting to get discouraged and depressed by this whole business. I put out money that I didn't really have to spare to send someone a gift in good faith that I'd be receiving something from someone in return and I'm kind of angry that so far I haven't gotten anything. I'm going to wait until I get the mail on December 26th before I go ballistic but I would never do this again. I know this is supposed to be the season of giving but I'm not that generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR