Saturday, December 9, 2017

#BookTag Saturday: The Mean Girls Book Tag

This week's Book Tag Saturday post is another tag I saw over on Coffee Break YA/NA/MG, the Mean Girls Book Tag...



1. "It’s pronounced like Cady” - Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?

A) Aodren from Ever the Hunted/Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill and I keep pronouncing Kathe in Wintersong/Shadowsong as "Kathy" in my head and I'm sure that's probably not right.

2. “She doesn’t even go here!” - Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?

Ooh! I think I'd like to see Amren from the ACOTAR series by Sarah J. Maas randomly show up somewhere in her Throne of Glass series! 

3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” - Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you dejavu of another book whilst reading it?

A lot of Abbi Glines's books seem similar to me plot-wise. It's always either girl with bad past falls for rich guy or vise versa.

4. "You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores." - Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels? 

Barking Madness by Ryan... Hill? I don't know I just don't think it painted girls in a very good light. I DNF'd after about 10%.

5. “You go Glen Coco!” - Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.

I don't know actually...

6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” How long do you typically spend at a book shop?

It depends. Do I have to be somewhere or am I allowed an in-depth shopping? If  I have a lot of other things to do I can have a stack of 15+ books in my hands in under 10 minutes if I find what I'm looking for. If I'm allowed to browse or I'm looking for something specific It's more like a half hour.

7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” - Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?

Mal Ericson from the Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott 😍

8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” - Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” - We all love Regina George. Name a villian you just love to hate.

Nan from the Rosemary Beach Series by Abbi Glines

10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” - Your favourite fictional parents. 

I usually hate fictional parents... 🤔 Can I say Mr. and Mrs. Weatherly from my book Out of Darkness?

11. “That is so Fetch!” - Which book or series would you love to catch on?

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller - not enough people know about that book and it's an old favorite of mine.

12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” - Describe your ideal character to read about.

I love reading the broken screwed up male characters. I also love female leads that are intelligent and don't need to be saved every two seconds. 

13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” - What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?

Cry? 🤣

14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” "Your Mom’s chest hair!” - Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?

I'm just going to blurt the first one that comes to mind... "Fine, make me your villain." Because I don't give a damn what people think of me. If they want to make me out to be the bad seed go right ahead.

15. “Boo, you whore.” - Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes

I hate when characters try to be all freaking selfless and give themselves up to the enemy. 🙄 Drives me crazy every single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR