Wednesday, January 31, 2018

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #108

This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm reading a recent release before I dive into my February ARC reading...


The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Blurb:
Of course I want to be like them. They're beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.

And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.

Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.

To win a place at the Court, she must defy him--and face the consequences.

In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
I've wanted to read about this book since I first heard about it last summer and of course I had to have a signed personalized copy from the Good Choice Reading virtual signing (signed books are my obsession after all). I wasn't going to start The Cruel Prince until February but I got slammed with eARCs for next month and wanted to start something on Monday night so I picked this one up. Plus I got The Coldest Girl From Coldtown from the library and wanted to see if I liked the author's writing style before I tried that one. 

This book started out different than I expected. I'm used to fantasy novels that take place entirely in fantasy worlds not books that start in the "normal" world and then transport to a faerie world so that threw me off a little but the story did grab me that first night. If it hadn't have been after 1 AM I think I probably would have read 50-60 pages that night. 

I'm interested to see where this one goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR