Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I'm No Longer Interested In Reading


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I'm No Longer Interested In Reading

This week's TTT is all about books I've purchased with the full intent to read but when the time came to actually read them I'm no longer interested in reading them - or I'm on the fence on whether I actually want to read them or not.

1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

2. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
I have a friend who has bashed the Red Queen series so much and so frequently that I no longer wish to read the books. It's sad because at one point I was really looking forward to them.

3. An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
This was a pressure buy. Everyone else was reading it, so what was wrong with me that I had no interest in reading it?? I don't know.. I still have no desire to read it.

4. The Affiliate by K.A. Linda
I read the first page of this and it didn't appeal to me. I know other people love it, I just couldn't get past that first page.

5. Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis
I was excited to read this one when it first came out but I've tried reading a couple other books by this author and hated them, so I'm not sure I'll actually enjoy this one or whether I should pass on it.

6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Read this book they said. It's better than TOG they said. I'm not sure about that. I've heard rave reviews, I'm just not sure I feel like reading it.

7. The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine
I bought this one because I loved the cover but then I tried reading and disliked The Shadow Queen which makes me skeptical of this one. Was it just that particular book? Is it the author's writing? I'm not sure. I'll maybe give it a try when I whittle my TBR shelf down and have nothing else to read. (Like that will happen).

8. The Heir by Kiera Cass
Part of me wants to read this book because it's the next generation of The Selection series, but the other part of me still doesn't like Maxon from the original trilogy and might be irrationally taking it out on his daughter. Bring on The Bachelorette!

9. And I Darken by Kiersten White
I just bought this book and Now I Rise because my friend who hates Red Queen was raving about it. I have no idea why I bought these books. I held out for so long thinking I wouldn't like them. But I bought them anyway. I need a bookstagram break.

10. Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
I lost interest in this book after it was turned into a tv show. Why bother reading the book when the show will be probably way different? Plus I wasn't that fond of the Sookie Stackhouse series after book 4.

What are some books that you were excited about when you bought them but then negative reviews or just lack of interest changed your mind about reading it?

Let me know in the comments or drop me a link to your own TTT post!

Happy Reluctant Reading Bookdragons!

- 💀 Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR