Monday, April 2, 2018

(Audio)Book Review: Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend #2) by Monica Murphy
Blurb:
"Lost. Everything in my life can be summed up by that one sickening word. My football coach blames me for our season-ending losses. So does the rest of the team. I wasted two whole months drowning in my own despair, like a complete loser. And I lost my girlfriend - Fable Maguire, the only girl who ever mattered - because I was afraid that being with me would only hurt her.

"But now I realize that I'm the one who's truly lost without her. And even though she acts like she's moved on and everything's fine, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. I know her too well. She's so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is be there to help her . . . to hold her . . . to love her.

"I just need her to give me one more chance. We may be lost without each other, but together, we're destined to find a love that lasts forever."

My Review:
It's been two months since Drew walked out of Fable's apartment leaving behind a note telling her he loved her. Two months since Fable found out Drew's deepest, darkest secret and stood by him anyway. He hasn't returned any of her calls or texts. But whatever, Fable is moving on. She lands a new job that pays better at a new bar and restaurant called The District and her boss believes she has potential to move forward. Then on the night of a private party at The District Drew Callahan walks back into Fable's life...

It's been two months since Drew left the woman he loves more than anything else in the world. Two months since his conniving pervert stepmother Adele made his world implode by dropping a bomb of a secret on him. He's miserable and he misses Fable so much. His therapist tells him he needs to get out more and experience life so he reluctantly accepts an invitation to one of his teammates' twenty-first birthday parties at a new bar. It'll be the best decision of his life...

Will Fable take Drew back? Will they realize they're stronger together and face their demons as a couple? Will Drew ever tell his father the truth about Adele? Will Adele ever leave Drew alone? 

This book quickly grabbed me and I was as addicted to it as I was with the first book. Drew goes through significant character growth in Second Chance Boyfriend as he works on dealing with his past and accepting that it wasn't his fault. Fable is a strong, independent character that is dedicated to her brother and seems to have the world on her shoulders and I loved her inner struggle to allow herself to lean on Drew.

Adele is a truly devious character and I loved to hate her. She's the type of character who's ending I cheer for. 

Overall, I loved this book, maybe even more so that the first book. As far as the audiobook goes, I liked the narrators, they really made me feel like I was experiencing the story. 

My Rating:
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
4.75 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR