Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Loved But Will Never Reread


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Enjoyed But Have No Plans to Reread... Ever.

This week's TTT is all about books that I've read and liked but don't plan to read again. Some books I can reread over and over again, while others I enjoy - sometimes even LOVE - but it's more of a once and done read for me...

1. The Harry Potter Series
I'm probably one of the few bookworms alive that isn't obsessed with this series. I read them, they were fine, I wouldn't do it again. I tried. I couldn't get past page 4 of the first book. 
2. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Okay, this one I may reread someday, just to see what I think of it as an adult.
3. Just An Illusion: EP by D. Kelly
This book was beautifully written but it broke me emotionally. It's not good for my emotional health to try to reread it. 
4. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I liked the Netflix show better than the book, I thought the tv show elaborated on and gave more meat to what I just consider a story of bones, a outline of what the story could be. I also really didn't care for or feel sympathy for Hannah, the reasons she gave for committing suicide were a bit melodramatic. 
5. Fallen by Lauren Kate
I loved this series as a teenager, and I actually liked the movie when I watched it last year, but I think I just outgrew the series and I now dislike the angels and demons aspect which is basically the whole storyline. 
6. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
This book was okay, but it's very depressing overall and I try to avoid books like that. 
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
While Divergent was okay, this trilogy lost me about 1/4 into Insurgent and I hated what the author did to the main character halfway through Allegiant so I probably won't ever reread this book. Oh, and the movie sucked. 
8. Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
Beautiful Creatures is one of those rare book-to-movie adaptations where I prefer the movie over the book. On the other hand, I would definitely reread the manga of this book! 
9. Hereafter by Tara Hudson
I liked this trilogy but I don't like how the author chose to end the third book. I was hoping for a different outcome so I don't think I could sit through reading the books again.
10. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
I loved the book but Miley Cyrus and the movie edition killed my love for this book. I can't believe Nicholas Sparks wrote this book to make a movie role for her. *gags*

What are some books you've read but wouldn't read again? Is it because you didn't enjoy them? Don't have the time to read a massive book a second time? Don't want to ruin your first impression of the book?
Let me know in the comments or drop a link to your answers!
- 💀 Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR