Wednesday, April 18, 2018

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #114

This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm reading the second book in a trilogy I started and fell in love with earlier this year...


Deadly Secret (Sons of Broad #2) by Tara Thomas
Blurb:
SHE KNOWS THE TRUTH IS IN REACH

As a lawyer and aspiring Congresswoman, Bea likes to keep things professional. But she's hired to investigate past dark secrets embedded in the Benedict business empire - and, as secret wife to Knox Benedict, the job is about to become even more personal...

BUT THE CLOSER SHE GETS

Knox is the moral backbone of the Benedict family, but even a modern-day saint can have a mysterious side. He's out to win back his estranged secret wife - but getting close to her again could destroy them both.

THERE IS NOWHERE LEFT TO RUN...

As Bea and Knox dig up the truth, Bea falls deeper and deeper into danger. Someone close by is watching her - and waiting to kill. Can Knox save the woman he loves from the enemy out to destroy them? And can their marriage survive the deadliest secret of all?

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
I picked up this book because I loved Darkest Night and was dying to find out what happened next. I was also sent an eARC of Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3) from the publisher so I have to catch up on book two before I can move on to book three. I didn't realize Bea and Knox were married and, I admit, that plot twist has me excited. The first line drew me into the story and I'm slowly unraveling the next piece of the puzzle that I assume won't be completely revealed until the third book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR