Wednesday, April 25, 2018

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #115

This "WIR"-Wednesday I'm continuing a contemporary romance series in audiobook and finishing up a romantic suspense trilogy in ebook. This week I'm reading/listening to...


AUDIOBOOK:

Three Broken Promises (One Week Girlfriend #3) by Monica Murphy
Blurb:
Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life.

I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me.

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
Three Broken Promises is part of the romance package for Audible so I can listen to it and other romance novels with a free month trial, so my April credit was free to be used on another book. It was like getting a bunch of audiobooks at once! So far I don't like Jen and Colin's story as much as Drew and Fable's. It's a slowburn, will-they-won't-they kind of romance where Jen is threatening to leave since she can't have Colin. Of course since they only have one book in this series they'll end up together at the end, but I'm just not feeling Jen as a character.

EBOOK:

Broken Promise (Sons of Broad #3) by Tara Thomas
Blurb:
SHE SWORE TO KEEP HER PROMISES. 

BUT CAN SHE KEEP THEM SAFE…AND PROTECT HER HEART?

Charleston Police Officer Alyssa Adams made a promise years ago to protect innocent women from harm. Now, she won’t rest until she can reunite every lost daughter with her family.Bring closure to every grieving husband. And, most of all, find out what happened the night her own sister disappeared, more than ten years ago…

As the eldest of the Benedict brothers, Kipling will stop at nothing to protect his family from a threat that aims to destroy them once and for all. But when a long-lost sibling is kidnapped by a powerful adversary, Alyssa is the only one he can turn to to get her back.

As Alyssa and Kipling band together to find their lost siblings, a powerful attraction builds between them that they can’t ignore. As the truth comes to light, will one broken promise tear them apart?

Why I Chose This Book | What I Think So Far:
St. Martin's Paperbacks graciously provided me with an eARC of Broken Promise, the third and final book of the Sons of Broad trilogy. I liked this series, despite the issues with editing and grammatical issues, so I was eager to see who The Gentleman was and how he would finally be stopped. I'm just over the halfway point right now and I think The Gentleman's identity has just been revealed but now I'm left with the how and why questions. I can't wait to see how this book ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR