Monday, June 25, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Series I Don't Plan to Finish


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Series I've Given Up On

This week's TTT is all about series that we've started reading yet for whatever reason just don't plan on seeing through to the end. 

1. Fallen Quartet by Lauren Kate
Loved Fallen and Torment... Passion was kind of "eh"... never got into Rapture...hated Unforgiven.

2. Hereafter Trilogy by Tara Hudson
Can someone please explain to me how an author can get a reader to ship a couple for two and a half books then not have them end up together at the end of the trilogy?!?! Come on!
3. The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
I lost interest in this series after the sixth book. I'm not even sure I finished the sixth book...

4. The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
How does an author kill off THE MAIN CHARACTER in the middle of the third book. Are. You. Insane????

5. The PSS Chronicles by Ripley Patton
I really liked Ghost Hand and thought it was unique... I just don't have any desire to read the other three books.

6. The Clann Series by Melissa Darnell
I wasn't too into Crave, I wouldn't read the rest of the series.

7. The Saints of Denver Series by Jay Crownover
The Saints of Denver is basically a cheap knock off of The Marked Men Series and while I thought it would be about the tattoo artists at Rule and Nash's new shop, the series is about minor characters I didn't care much for in the initial series.

8. Ruined Series by Amy Tintera
I picked up Ruined because a blogger I know raved about it. I had to force myself to get through it and I skimmed a lot. No plan to read the other two books.

9. The Folk of the Air Series by Holly Black
Loved the cover and was majorly excited for this book. Then I basically hated every single character. I have no interest in reading The Wicked King. 

10. The Bring Me Their Hearts Series by Sara Wolf
It was okay, I just don't want to read a second or third book. 
What series/trilogies/duologies did you lose interest in or just chose not to continue reading? Let me know in the comments or drop me a link to your post!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!
- đź’€Taylor

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Ghost Hand too, but have no desire to finish it. Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited for the PSS Chronicles at one point, I'm not entirely sure why I lost interest...

      Delete
  2. The only series I don't think I'll finish is Illuminae.

    You're right about Divergent. I LOVE the series up until chapter 50 of Allegiant (I've written about my disdain of that chapter on my blog multiple times, LOL). I own the book in four languages. Only... the ending is what got me into fanfiction. I don't accept the ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the Illuminae files but I'm not sure it's a series I could get into.

      I don't accept the Divergent series ending either. I keep expecting the author to write a new ending and make it right.

      Delete
  3. I don't blame you for not finishing Divergent - the ending was completely disappointing to me. Great list!

    My TTT: https://rockyreads.wordpress.com/2018/06/26/top-ten-tuesday-13/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Divergent ending is one of the most disappointing endings I've heard of.

      Delete
  4. I wish I hadn't finished the Sookie Stackhouse series. I really enjoyed it until the last four books or so. I feel the ending of the series was very disappointing. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my problem was I watched the tv show first and got annoyed that the books were so different from the show.

      Delete
  5. lol Love your summary of Divergent. I finished the series, but had I known that that was coming I'd proubably quit long before.

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR