Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts - December 13th 2018


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! I hope your week is going well. It's been a bit of a sad one for me.

1. Back in September I found out through my paternal grandmother that my father, whom I'd thought was dead for most of my life, was in fact alive and living a mere 15-20 miles away. On Saturday I found out through a cousin (of sorts) that my father has mouth cancer and if he elected to do surgery (which he passed on) they'd have to remove part of his jaw. At this point optimistically he has 4-5 months to live. I can't believe I found out my dad was alive after being lied to for most of my 26 years of life only to find that he doesn't have much time left. I'm not sure I've fully processed it yet. I was still processing him being alive at all. 

2. I broke my reading slump by borrowing Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff from my local library's Overdrive. I'm loved it as much as Illuminae but I don't like how the formatting looks in the Kindle version... I wish I would have grabbed a physical copy from the library. 

3. I went home the other night and realized someone I live with went into my room when I was gone so I went into an organizing frenzy so I know where everything is now.  

4. I finally got the Christmas tree decorated the other day and it looks so good. Keeping the cat out of it is a different matter... 

5. Fun fact about me: when I'm depressed I like to go online and look for books to buy. Tuesday I almost bought $60 worth of books at Barnes and Noble. Luckily my pay day isn't until the 15th so I knew enough not to submit the order. On the bright side... after pay day I can submit my Apollycon Virtual Signing Order!!!!

6. I. Have. No. Time. To. Write. Lately. Seriously... I need to get these ideas out of my head and onto the computer page but there simply are not enough hours in the day. 

7. I’m loving my #Bookstagrams theme for December... it's bright and white and festive... perfect for the holiday.
http://www.instagram.com/taylorfennerwrites

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, awesome to find your dad...too bad he is ill, though. Sigh.

    I would be creeped out if someone went into my room when I was gone...when I had roommates back in the day.

    Will you confront the person?

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing. Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a little unbelievable to me right now. I can't quite accept it. It's surreal.

      I live with my mom and sister technically, I've only lived with them since April and we're not like normal families, more like roommates who are never around at the same time and my sister likes to sneak into my room while I'm not home - this time she took an urn off a shelf, sometimes she watches my tv. No, I won't confront her because she has killer mood swings. Sigh... need to get my own place pronto.

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR