Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts - 13 June 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! I hope you're having a good week.

1. I'm having another not-so-great week. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm starting to think I've been misdiagnosed and the depression is just a small part of a bigger problem. I'm so angry all the time lately, just furious over small stupid stuff. Doing a little digging it looks like bipolar but I'm scared to go to the doctor because the last time I went my PA treated me like I was making things up for attention. I just wish I had some answers.

2. Have you ever read a book by an author you've read before and found that the book is essentially the same as another one of their books except with a different title and just a few different details? I read Escape from Asylum by Madeleine Roux earlier this week, which is a prequel to her Asylum trilogy but this one is set in the late 60s. Other than Brookline being in this book a working Asylum instead of converted into a college dorm I feel like this book and Asylum are basically the same plot. I ended up DNF'ing it which is disappointing because I love horror novels and movies set in asylums. 

3. I'm finding lately that I have more time to listen to audiobooks than reading actual books the normal way so I've been listening every night before bed. I tried while I was working out but I couldn't heard it so well over the exercise bike, my iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack anymore, and I'm not buying an adaptor. 

4. I finally tracked down a copy of the Dutch edition of Heartless by Marissa Meyer! I've been looking for this one since I first saw the cover and I finally found a copy on Amazon. It's even more gorgeous in person!

5. I got a new bookcase today! Right now it's still in the box but I'm planning to assemble it either tomorrow or this weekend and get my books transferred in! My cat won't be to wipe his damn butt on top of my books anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR