Tuesday, July 9, 2019

I Can't Wait For... Scavenge the Stars!


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released.

I first saw this book mentioned on social media after BookCon this year... which I didn't get to attend.. :( ... and added it to my TBR for next year!

Scavenge the Stars
Scavenge the Stars Book One
By Tara Sim
YA Fantasy, Retelling
eBook, Hardcover, 336 Pages
January 7, 2019 by Disney Hyperion 



Blurb
When Amaya rescues a mysterious stranger from drowning, she fears her rash actions have earned her a longer sentence on the debtor ship where she’s been held captive for years. Instead, the man she saved offers her unimaginable riches and a new identity, setting Amaya on a perilous course through the coastal city-state of Moray, where old-world opulence and desperate gamblers collide. Amaya wants one thing: revenge against the man who ruined her family and stole the life she once had. But the more entangled she becomes in this game of deception—and as her path intertwines with the son of the man she’s plotting to bring down—the more she uncovers about the truth of her past. And the more she realizes she must trust no one…

Packed with high-stakes adventure, romance, and dueling identities, this gender-swapped retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo is the first novel in an epic YA fantasy duology, perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, Sabaa Tahir, and Leigh Bardugo.


Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository

What do you think? Will you be checking this one out?

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! This sounds like an awesome book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor!

    A gender-swapped retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo? I'm in! I'm surprised I haven't seen this before! :)

    Here's my Wednesday post. Happy Hump Day! Have a good one!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    This sounds AMAZING! I really need a good YA fantasy to read and this sounds like it will be perfect! Definitely adding it to my TBR!
    Heres my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good and I love that it's book one in a series as it means I can pick it up without having to read any backlist to get to this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen this before so I'm so glad I stopped by. I definitely want it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely one I'll be reading! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR