Sunday, January 17, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 18 January 2021

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Happy Monday Bookdragons! I hope you had a somewhat relaxing weekend. 

What I Read Last Week: 

Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz

I'm glad I gave this book a chance. Like I mentioned last week it is a lot different from the Lifetime tv show that was on a few years ago - from character descriptions to magic vs. magic ban to characters having different names... and no Aunt Wendy 😭 - but I really enjoyed the book once I got in my mind that show was its own separate entity. It's a quick read and it kept my interest the whole way through.

Currently Reading:

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

I devoured this series when I was younger. I couldn't read the books fast enough. But I've tried rereading it twice now and I'm just not feeling it. I mean it's like I know exactly what's going to happen and I can't focus on the book. Maybe it's a read-once-love-it-but-don't-reread kind of book for me. It happens sometimes. 

Next Read

Serpent's Kiss by Melissa de la Cruz

Now that I've gotten through the first book I'm eager to keep reading about the Beauchamps so I just put the second and third book on my kindle.

*** 

How do you feel about rereading a book? Can you enjoy a book once you know how it's going to end? Or are some books just better reading one time only?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Melissa de Cruz, although I've been wanting to. Both of the books you list here sound really good. I will have to check them out.

    I am not much of a re-reader. I can count on one hand the number of times I have re-read a book. Well, maybe both hands after reading some of my childhood favorites with my daughter this past year--but not counting the numerous board books we read and re-read when she was younger. Haha. Of those I have re-read, I have only been disappointed once upon the second reading. It's just not something I do a lot of unless I really love a book.

    I hope you have a great week, Taylor! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to reread books a lot, probably because there were so few books available to me then!

    Now I can't even imagine it, although I have added some old favorites to my shelves.

    Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! I watched that show when it came out but I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS A BOOK!!! Omigosh I can't believe I didn't know this lol... THANK YOU for posting this, I need to read it ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I came to the Morganville Vampire books when I was too old for them. I love so much else the Caine wrote though. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely open to re-reading! Although, I will say that I have gotten into the habit of doing my re-reads in audiobook format these days. - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR