Friday, May 21, 2021

{Book Review} SHADOW TOUCHED by Becky Moynihan

 


Shadow Touched
A Touch of Vampire Book 1
Becky Moynihan
YA/NA Paranormal Romance
305 Pages

Blurb:
Some truths are best kept in the shadows...

At nearly eighteen, I’m months away from escaping my aunt’s secrets and lies. Except, I’m harboring a big secret of my own.

A red-eyed man cloaked in shadow has been stalking me at night.

I wanted Rosewood, Maine to be my final destination before college. My chance at normalcy. But strange, unexplainable things are threatening to derail my plans.

The red-eyed man followed me here, and he’s not the only one. Two hot guys transfer to my new high school right after I do. They track my every move, especially the aloof and mysterious Lochlan D’angelo.

As I’m sucked into a dangerous world embroiled in secrets, I start to question everything I’ve ever known. Including who I am.

Fans of Twilight, Vampire Diaries, and modern Beauty & the Beast retellings, sink your teeth into a world of dark mystery and forbidden desire.


SHADOW TOUCHED is the thrilling first installment in a steamy upper YA/NA paranormal vampire romance series. If you like enemies-to-lovers and fated mates, heartrending twists, a tough heroine, and a sexy antihero, this book is for you.

My Review:

Let me start of by saying that Becky is a talented author. I've read and enjoyed her Elite Trials books and her cowritten series with Tyffany Hackett but Shadow Touched is my new favorite!

Vampires are coming back to popularity in books lately and this is the first one I've really enjoyed recently. This has all the elements to love - vampires, werewolves, witches, secrets, swoon-worthy boys, great friendships, and steamy chemistry between the main character and her love interest.

McKenna is a strong female lead. I liked her personality and her sense of style. After her Aunt Tess moves her (yet again, this time t0 ->) Rosewood, Maine she makes friends (possibly for the first time ever) with a feisty girl named Isla and her friends Peyton and Hailey. Isla was a great secondary character and I liked how fast and easy their friendship was. Then there are the boys - Reid, Kade, and *sighs* Lochlan. I was kind of iffy about Reid throughout the book and I'm still not sure if I liked him or not. Kade was hilarious and he lit up the page in every scene he appeared in. But Lochlan? *Fans self* Me likey the Loch! The chemistry between Lochlan and McKenna is off the charts, which considering they couldn't really touch and I'm still swooning over the steamy scenes is saying something. 

I can't wait to see where things are headed in book 2. I definitely recommend this books to anyone who loves enemies-to-lovers, broody boys, and a great cast of characters. There are some steamy scenes, which I am all in favor of!, but may not be suitable for younger readers. 

My Rating:
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
5 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR