Tuesday, July 12, 2022

{Book Review} Wake the Bones by Elizabeth Kilcoyne

 

Wake the Bones by Elizabeth Kilcoyne

About the Book:

Release Date: July 12, 2022

Publisher: Wednesday Books

Genre: YA Horror

Formats: eBook, Hardcover, Audiobook

Pages: 320

The sleepy little farm that Laurel Early grew up on has awakened. The woods are shifting, the soil is dead under her hands, and her bone pile just stood up and walked away.


After dropping out of college, all she wanted was to resume her life as a tobacco hand and taxidermist and try not to think about the boy she can’t help but love. Instead, a devil from her past has returned to court her, as he did her late mother years earlier. Now, Laurel must unravel her mother’s terrifying legacy and tap into her own innate magic before her future and the fate of everyone she loves is doomed.

Buy the Book:

My Review:
What an intriguing multi-faceted debut! This book is more than just a horror novel, it spreads itself into other genres as well. The pace is slow but it builds up the tension and anticipation of what is to come nicely. I love the atmosphere of the book and it was so easy to paint the picture in my head as I followed the story. The characters are well-developed and three dimensional. At first I wasn’t sure if I would like Laurel, (an issue I struggle with a lot and often end up dropping a book because of), she’s definitely an odd character but I grew to like her oddities. Overall, I really enjoyed the way the book was written. I think there were a few things that were a bit vague that maybe I just didn’t understand as the reader, but I’m so glad I stuck with this book! I can’t wait to read more by this author!

My Rating:
🌟🌟🌟🌟

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR