Thursday, November 22, 2018

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you and your families are having a good one. I'm trying something new this week so let's get a few thoughts off my chest...

1. Things I'm Thankful for this year:
- My grandmother's cat Houdini and his ability to always make me smile 
- Coffee, my life-blood
- Improved health
- My grandmother being back in her own apartment

2. I'm actually over the Thanksgiving-Black Friday thing this year. I don't like Thanksgiving because I have to cook a ton of stuff and by this point I've already finished my Christmas shopping. Surprisingly I'm actually looking forward to Christmas even if I'm dreading the ever-growing-colder temps. Living in Wisconsin sucks. But overall, I'm sick of seeing commercials about happy families around the dinner table because it doesn't seem realistic to me anymore. Do any of those picture-perfect families even exist??

3. I'm really stumped for where to go with my #bookstagram theme for next month. It's too cold to take pictures outside and I don't have a lot of time to take them and come up with elaborate props and backdrops but I still want it to look good, you know? Since it's December it should be at least a little wintery-Christmas-y but I don't have a lot of stuff that relates. 

4. I'm completely failing NaNoWriMo this year. I mean word count-wise I was doing good and I can see 50k in sight but I struggle with the balance between reading and writing. I made the mistake of getting a ton of books from the library and I've been engrossed in them instead of being engrossed in writing and when it comes down to sitting down and cranking out words... I just don't have the ambition. 

5. The holiday depression is hitting my family hard but honestly I'm not feeling too bad. I just wish my family would get the memo not to make me miserable along with them. 

6. I finished Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff earlier this week and holy s**t! How is it that I've waited this long to read this series? Amazing! Blown away! Need more! 

7. I still haven't finished reading Kingdom of Ash. *face-palm*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR