Wednesday, January 2, 2019

I Can't Wait For... Beware the Night


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released.

I actually just learned about this book while cruising NovelKnight's preorder incentives directory page but it sounds amazing...



Beware the Night
(Standalone?)
By Jessika Fleck
YA Sci-Fi/Dystopian
eBook, Hardcover, 320 Pages
March 12,  2019 by Swoon Reads




Blurb

When her world divides, pitting light against dark, Veda must join a dangerous revolution to save her grandfather and fight against injustice...even if it costs her the boy she loves.

On the island of Bellona, life is peaceful--as long as the citizens dutifully worship the Sun, which protects them from all harm. Seventeen-year-old Veda knows that keeping the Sun happy will protect her and her grandfather from the Night, the dangerous people who snatch innocent citizens from their beds under the cover of darkness, never to be seen again. As long as Veda follows the rules, she will be safe.

But when Veda's grandfather is offered up as the next sacrificial offering to keep the Sun's favor, she starts to see that the safety she's been promised comes at a dangerous price. Maybe there is more to fear above than there is below.

With a mysterious young man, Dorian, at her side, Veda has to figure out if the scary bedtime stories she grew up hearing are real--or dangerous lies.

6 comments:

  1. Wow this book sounds awesome and right up my alley! I cannot wait to read it and have just added it to my goodreads shelf! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, that cover is stunning! And the plot sounds so interesting. I'm off to add it to my GR shelves right away!

    What I'm Waiting On this Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is gorgeous! 😍 Thanks for calling my attention to this one. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring BEWARE THE NIGHT, Taylor! I hope you love it as much as I loved writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good and it will be even better if it is a standalone. There aren't enough of them.

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR