Thursday, January 3, 2019

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts - January 3


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! It's the first week of 2019!

1. Weeks with holidays in them screw up my ability to tell what day of the week it is. As such, it feels like Thursday was just a couple days ago and I couldn't believe it was already time for another Bookish Thoughts... I'm losing it. 

2. We always do a Harper's Island marathon on New Year's Eve and while I love the show, it just didn't feel the same this year. I don't have a feeling of home lately, like my grandmother and I've been celebrating holidays in a temporary space, not her apartment. I couldn't seem to focus on the show, my mind kept wandering.

3. I'm already into my 3rd book of 2019, After the Woods by Kim Savage - which is really good. I wish I could binge read it. So far so good, two books I love and only one DNF. 

4. I just got the Punk Rock Authors shirt from Out of Print and I LOVE IT! It's so cool and comfortable. Best post-Christmas treat so far!
5. I skipped my therapy appointment this week. I'm honestly sick of going because I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I want to do some research into art therapy to see if that would work for me since I'm a creative person as it is. 

6. I've signed up for the Afternoon with the Authors event at the Shawano Library again this year and I'm determined to get there even if I have to beg a friend to drive me. I might even get up and speak about my books. Or not... *stage fright sets in*

7. I have run out of space for books at my mom's and am now starting an overflow storage at my grandmother's. 

1 comment:

  1. I am curious about After the Woods...and I can relate to running out of space for books. I added several bookshelves, some in the hallways and the bathroom. LOL. But then I started donating a few. Gradually I only had shelves inside the main rooms. LOL.

    Enjoy...and thanks for sharing. Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR