Monday, January 28, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 28 January 2019



#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.


What I Read Last Week:

I really enjoyed this book! It's got everything I love, Southern Gothic appeal, run-down mansions, magic, and suspicious deaths. 


This is admittedly not one of my favorites by Wendy Higgins, but I did enjoy it. Psyche reminded me a bit of Aerity from the Eurona Duology and I loved the setting. I think my problem was that I'm unfamiliar with the original myth that is the source material. 

What I Am Reading Now:
I'm going to do this! It's going to take me a while but I'm going to read War & Peace. I'm about 30 pages in and my goal is to hit page 300 by the end of January. I'm figuring I'll be finished sometime by the end of March.

Up Next:
The author contacted me through this blog to read and review her upcoming book and I'm all too happy to oblige. I have it on my kindle and I'm going to alternate between War and Peace and Kingdom Cold.

3 comments:

  1. War and Peace! Wow! I'm impressed. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of The Breathless. That’s spooky. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to read a classic like you are doing. I want to read Middlemarch and I know it will take me awhile to read through it.

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR