Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts - 7 March 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! 

1. Today is my younger sister's twentieth birthday. I can't believe she's no longer a teenager. It seems like just yesterday she was snotting everywhere and dragging Mr. Bear every place she went. Now she's 6'1" with a pierced nose and studying to be some sort of mechanic. Her attitude is the only thing that hasn't changed since we were kids. 
2. I have been battling a cold for over a week now and I wish it would quit already!! It's already affected my writing schedule and put me way behind on the books and ARCs I've committed to read, not to mention sapped my strength and made me fairly concerned that I'd cracked a rib coughing.


3. Since I am a bit better I've finally picked up A Game of Thrones: The Illustrated Edition. This is one of those bucket list books I didn't think I would like because I can't for the life of me get into the show, but I'm loving it so far! It's one of those books I don't want to put down yet don't have enough time to read.


4. Last week I got my signed copy of Samantha Shannon's The Priory of the Orange Tree and it is seriously stunning! And really, really thick! 


5. Does anyone know if you're supposed to throw out your chapstick after you've been sick? I cracked this one open to deal with my "fever lips" (what I call my lips getting all slick and then cracking after my fever broke) but I'm not sure if I should continue using it after I feel better. I'm getting "reusing a used Kleenex" vibes at the thought.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I hope you feel better soon! I don't know the answer to the chapstick question, but my guess is: throw it away!

    I love your book presentations...and that vintage typewriter.

    Happy 20th birthday to your sister!

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR