Thursday, May 2, 2019

Bookish (& Not so Bookish) Thoughts - 2 May 2019


Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is a Weekly Meme hosted by Christine @ Bookishly  Boisterous.

Happy Thursday Bookdragons! It's another Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts and this week I've been contemplating a lot of things.

1. May is Mental Health Awareness month and I'm planning a few blog posts about my own struggles with depression and anxiety as well as some book recommendations that I think tackle the subject really well. This subject is really close to my heart and I've always tried to be totally transparent about my struggles in hopes of erasing the stigma of mental illness.

2. It's a new month and a new TBR list for me in the hopes of getting through my ARC pile and my purchased but unread books. I'm being a little ambitious this month, 4 Finished Copies, 4 ARCs, and 4 Audiobooks but honestly I've been in such a book rut lately that I'm hoping at least a few of the books I want to read appeal to me.  

3. I just got my FOR THE THRONE Box from Novelly Yours today! I loved everything in the box, especially the magnet and enamel pin and the candles smell so good! While on the subject of GoT.. I thought last weekend's episode was going to break me. I can't wait to see what else is in store for the last three episodes.

4. Next week we're going to look at new apartments in the next city over and I'm really hoping the first one we're looking at works out because I'd have a spare room to turn into my own personal library / home office. I can picture it now...

5. I'm currently reading not 1, not 2, not even 3 books right now... oh no, I'm reading 4! See my above comment about a book rut. The books I've been trying have been okay, but not enough to keep me wanting to continue reading so I keep jumping from one book to the next. My current reads are: Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller, Last Things by Jaqueline West, We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Mejia, and I'm starting 8 Souls by Rachel Rust because I need to review it by Monday. What's the most books you've been in the middle of at one time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR