Monday, February 22, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books That Made Me LOL

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books That Made Me Laugh Out Loud
This week’s TTT is about books that made us laugh. I have a ton of go-to contemporary romance authors who always know how to make me laugh... 

1. Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot
Actually all 3 books should be on this book because they're hilarious. 


2. Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie
This is one of my favorite books, but this quote definitely makes it worth adding to this list... 
“Why are you offering me ten thousand dollars a month for babysitting? You didn’t pay the nannies that. It’s ridiculous. For ten thousand a month, you should not only get child care, you should get your house cleaned, your laundry done, your tires rotated, and if I were you, I’d insist on nightly blow jobs. Did you think I wouldn’t notice that you’re still trying to keep your thumb on me?”

3. Play by Kylie Scott
Ahh.. gotta love Mal. 
“I’ll sleep with Anne.” 
“No, you won’t.” 
“Yes, I will.” He raised a hand high. “For I am, Malcolm, Lord of the Sex!” 
― Kylie Scott, Play

4. Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Because who doesn't love tree-climbing goat Houdinis?
“I could hear my dogs barking. Worse I could hear bleating. Joyful goat chuckles of freedom.
"The goats!" I clutched my head, an absurdly melodramatic reaction suited to this farce. "The goats were in the tree!"
"The... Wait, what?” 
― Rosemary Clement-Moore, Texas Gothic



5. My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

“Of course I’ve been lying. I’m a politician.” 
― Cynthia Hand, My Plain Jane

6. Making Up by Helena Hunting

So the main character is works in a sex toy shop... enough said. I dare you not to laugh at chapter one where the main character meets her love interest... 


7. Rude Awakenings of A Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
Just picture a woman from Jane Austen's time trying to figure out our modern tech-heavy world. Then read this book.


8. Austenland by Shannon Hale

“I wasn't aware until this precise and awkward moment that when startled in a strange place, my instincts would have me pretend to be a ninja.” 
― Shannon Hale, Austenland

9. Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors


10. Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot


***
What are some books that made you laugh?
Let me know in the comments or drop a link to your TTT!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!
-Taylor

14 comments:

  1. Helena HUnting always makes me laugh. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve loved all of the books I’ve read by her so far! I still have her Pucked series to go yet

      Delete
  2. Meg Cabot is so good and fun. I am making a list of funny books today. I just realized that I hardly ever read funny books and everything right now seems so serious. Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find a lot of funny books to lighten the mood! 🙂

      Delete
  3. I'll have to give Meg Cabot's work a try sometime!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-made-me-laugh-out-loud/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t read any of these but I’ll have to check them out. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t read any of these but I’ll have to check them out. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven’t read any of these but I’ll have to check them out. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think I might have to pick up Texas Gothic! Great list.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rude Awakenings of A Jane Austen Addict looks great. And completely agreed on My Plain Jane. Happy TTT, thanks for a great list
    ~ Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rude Awakenings is perfect for Jane Austen Fans! It’s a duology, the first book is Confessions of A Jane Austen Addict.

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR