Sunday, May 23, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 24 May 2021

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Happy Monday Bookdragons! We're nearing the end of May! I'm enjoying the warmer weather but hoping it will get sunnier out soon so I can go out and enjoy it. In the meantime I'm enjoying staying in and reading. I didn't read as much last week but I did still finish an audiobook and an ARC that I reviewed yesterday.

What I Read Last Week: 

Fresh Brewed Murder by Emmeline Duncan

I finished listening to Fresh Brewed Murder at the beginning of last week and I really enjoyed it. I don't know when the next book comes out but I already know it's an auto-buy for me!

No Way Out by Fern Michaels

This was a DNF book for me. I just didn't enjoy the way it was written and couldn't get past the first few chapters. 

He'll Be Waiting by Liz Alterman


This was an ARC read for me. I reviewed it yesterday on the blog and I really enjoyed it. I almost didn't give it a chance because whoever formatted the ARC did a poor job - the words "uncorrected galley, no distribution or sale" appeared randomly on each page - sometimes in the middle of a paragraph and there were no hard breaks between chapters. But the story itself was great. More than a thriller it was a heartbreaking story of grief and learning to move on. 

Currently Reading:

Heartless by Marissa Meyer


I'm giving this book another chance tonight. I tried reading it once before and couldn't get into it, but at that point I wasn't in a fantasy mood. 

Next Read

Corpse Queen by Stacey Rourke


I just got this book recently and it sounds so good that I can't put off reading it any longer. 

*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of my recent reads?

8 comments:

  1. Badly formatted ARC’s drive me crazy.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I once had an eARC of a graphic novel and it was completely out of order and unreadable.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Fern Michaels in years...so I'm not surprised it was a DNF. Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The description sounded interesting enough, but I couldn't connect with any of the characters and found them kind of annoying.

      Delete
  3. Badly formatted ARCs are usually enough for me to DNF a book. I'm glad the story was good enough to keep you reading. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made reading it difficult at times. I'm pretty sure it was published by a small press, but since I self-publish I'm not really buying that excuse. I am glad I gave it a chance though.

      Delete
  4. You'd think that publishers would realize that bad formatting even turns off ARC readers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just hope the finished edition was formatted better

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR