Monday, May 24, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Favorite Book Quotes
This week’s TTT is all about book quotes that fit a certain theme... motivational quotes, romantic dialogues, quotes that fill you with hope, etc. I chose to do my favorite quotes in general. 
 
1. “To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."Rhys clinked his glass against mine. “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.”
― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury

2. "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."
- Stephen King


3. "Don't ever trust anyone who's writing a book. They make up lies for a living." 
- Rosemary Clement-Moore, Texas Gothic


4. "Don't let the hard days win."
- Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury


5. “The Darkling slumped back in his chair. “Fine,” he said with a weary shrug. “Make me your villain.” 
― Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone


6. “I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I'd catch myself just walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I'd seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I'd realize that you weren't there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I've risked my life for you. I've walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I'd do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don't tell me why we don't belong together," he said fiercely.” 
― Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone


7. “If I told you monsters could be tamed, would you want to live with monsters? Even a tame monster is still a monster.”
 ― Julie Eshbaugh, Crown of Oblivion


8. “When you fall in love, you will carve out your heart and throw it into the deepest ocean. You will be all in - blood and salt.” 
― Kim Liggett, Blood and Salt


9. “Life,” he said softly, “is more than flesh. Your body is a candle, your soul the flame. The longer I burn the candle...” He did not finish. “A candle unused is nothing but wax and wick,” I said.“I would rather light the flame, knowing it will go out than sit forever in darkness.”
― S. Jae-Jones, Wintersong


10. “Being woken by a scream is like the feeling of crushing glass with your bare hands: instantaneous, distinct, painful.” 
- Camilla Sten, The Lost Village


***
What are some of your favorite book quotes?
Let me know in the comments or drop a link to your TTT!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!
-Taylor

14 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading people's favorite quotes. I think quotes are my favorite topics on Top Ten Tuesday. My quote topic this week is TREES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that quote from The Lost Village is really powerful. I'd never even heard of the book before, you've got me all curious. Thanks for the TTT recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, such a powerful line. I highly recommend The Lost Village if you like tense horror novels! It's one of my favorite books so far this year

      Delete
  3. I've only read Shadow & Bone from your list but I don't recall such a quote, reading is such a unique experience isn't it? :D Here's my TTT https://readwithstefani.com/my-favorite-quotes-from-books/ Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love how no two readers have the same reading experience. The long quote is from Mal, toward the end of the book when he and Alina are reunited and searching for the stag.

      Delete
  4. Love that Stephen King quote because it's way too accurate.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great quote. I've been thinking of incorporating it into a tattoo someday

      Delete
  5. I was never a Darklina shipper but I still got super excited when I heard "make me your villain" in the show: such a great moment.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/05/25/top-ten-tuesday-317/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! So cool to hear it spoken aloud on the show, and not just in my head as I was reading it.

      Delete
  6. I'm loving reading everyone's quotes this week! My TTT post is here: https://wordywitterings.com/2021/05/25/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes-about-reading/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is fun seeing what different themes everyone is picking!

      Delete
  7. Great collection of quotes. :)

    Here are some of my favourite quotes for TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR