Sunday, July 17, 2022

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? - 18 July 2022

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Hey Bookdragons! After 10 months away from book blogging I'm slowly getting back into things. July has been a stressful month for me so far so I'm not reading as much as I'd like but here are a few books I've read this month, what I'm currently reading, and what I'd like to read next. 

What I Read Last Week: 

Never Coming Home by Kate Williams


Mini Review:
I will forever read any retelling of “And Then There Were None!” This one was one of my favorite takes on it and impossible to put down. Ten influencers are lured to an island, which really connects the story to today’s world. I found myself rooting for certain characters although I knew they had done awful things. Others I was happy to see go πŸ˜† I will definitely reread this one in the future.  
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Boogeyman Booty Call by Harpie Alexa

This book was recommended to me on KU based on other books I have read. And I'm left wondering what, oh what, did I read that I deserved to plod through this book. It was 117 pages, a fast-read for sure, but a lot weirder than what I usually go for in smut reads. 

Currently Reading:

City of Dusk by Tara Sim


I started reading this one before I went on vacation last month and set it aside because I didn't want to drag this massive doorstopper all the way to Deadwood with me. I'm about 100 pages in and I have to get back into it one of these days

Surviving Savannah by Patti Callahan


My library loan for this one finally came in. I've been wanting to read Surviving Savannah for a couple months now. So far the storytelling is fantastic. It follows dual timelines with Lilly Forsyth, a passenger aboard the steamboat Pulaski  in 1838 and Everly Winthrop in 2018 Savannah as she curates an exhibit of the Pulaski not long after the wreckage was found. I'm loving it so far, but I'm also kind of savoring the story and reading slow. 

Next Read

My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey

I was going to start My Killer Vacation last weekend but then my hold on Surviving Savannah came in so this one is just sitting on my bedside table until I finish Surviving Savannah. I'm hoping to start it soon. 

*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of my recent reads?

4 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of books. I did skim through Never Coming Home which I had as a review copy. I think I'm too old to connect with YAs as I didn't really care for the story. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do read a lot of YA books, but only in certain genres (I don't like Contemporary Romance for instance because it's not spicy enough for me lol). I'm sorry to hear you didn't like Never Coming Home!

      Delete
  2. I have heard great things about NEVER COMING HOME, so I will probably pick that one up in the near future. Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Never Coming Home! You'll have to let me know what you think!

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR