Sunday, August 21, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 22 August, 2022

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Hey Bookdragons! It's been a busy couple weeks both at home and at work. I decided to DNF one of the books I mentioned last week while I savored another fantasy novel. Then I was surprised with book mail from Entangled Teen and it sounded to good I had to start it right away. Here's what I've been reading... 

What I Read Last Week:

Gallant by V.E. Schwab

I keep trying with this author's books but I think I'm at the point where I've tried and failed to get through 4 books by her (A Darker Shade of Magic, City of Ghosts, The Invisible Life of Addie Larue, and now Gallant) so I'm giving up and writing V.E. Schwab off as an author whose books I just don't enjoy. It's not that the writing was bad, that's not at all what I'm saying. It's just that the story didn't hold me. It was predictable and a bit too young for my reading tastes. 
DNF @ Page 153

Fire Heart by Emma Hamm
I've been wanting to read this author's books for a while now and when I saw a The Bookish Box exclusive edition of it come up on PangoBooks I decided to get it since I had some PangoBucks and a credit from selling. I loved this book so much! I definitely will check out more by this author and I can't wait to read the next book.

Currently Reading: 

Fate Touched by Becky Moynihan

I started Fate Touched at work on Thursday and although I didn't have a ton of reading time, it was so easy to fall back into this series. Becky is a master storyteller and if you haven't discovered the A Touch of Vampire series yet, what are you waiting for?

The Liar's Crown by Abigail Owen

Entangled Teen surprised me with a book box for this book and it looked so good I put it at the top of my TBR list. I just finished Fire Heart last night so I'll be starting this one sometime today.  
 
Next Read

The Kiss Curse by Erin Sterling

I've been trying to make myself wait to read this one until closer to the beginning of September but I can't wait any longer! The ARC has been sitting on my shelf begging to be read. 


*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of my recent reads?

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with Schwab. I just can't connect to her writing. Your other books look good. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad it isn’t only me! All of my friends love Schwab, almost obsessively and I just sit here wondering if I’m missing something!

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR