Monday, August 22, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: 8 Series & Standalone Books I Wish Had More Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl.

Top Ten Tuesday: 8 Completed Series I Wish Had More Books
This week’s TTT is all about completed series we wish had more books. I actually don't really read a lot of series, I'm more into standalones or if I do read series it takes me ages to finish them  and by that point I'm usually fine with them being completed. Here are 9 series and standalones that I do wish had another book to follow-up. Some of these series never actually got completed and I'm still wishing for a final book. 

1. the Annabelle Lee Series by Stacey Jay
This is actually not a completed series. There were two books with me fully anticipating a 3rd book that just... never came. I wish it would have been finished!

2. The Goddess Test Series by Aimee Carter
Before all of the Hades/Persephone retellings everyone loves now, the Goddess Test was one of the OGs of Hades/Persephone retellings. While Kate and Henry's story wraps up at the end of the trilogy, I thought there was going to be a spin-off series and I guess it just never panned out. It's a shame. 

3. Goodnight Series by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Surely there must be more Goodnights we could read about! I love this family so much for there to only be two books! PHIN! PHIN needs her own book! Please Rosemary???

4. Gravebriar by Casey L. Bond
Gravebriar is a standalone but I would love more books set in this world! Maybe about some of the other witch families?

5. The Thousandth Floor Trilogy by Katharine McGee
I don't even know where she would go with another book, but I love this series so much. 

6. Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie
Another standalone I wish would have a sequel. I would love to see Alice and Carter return to the house as adults. 

7. Clue Mystery Series by Diana Peterfreund
I don't know if I exactly like how the last book ended. I know things were mostly wrapped up but I'd love to see the crew solve more murders and see where they went after leaving Blackbrook Academy. 

8. Stormheart Series by Cora Carmack
Okay, Okay, I know this is unfair to really, really want the third book to come out considering the author has a ton of health problems, I just really hate to be left hanging and hope this trilogy gets completed someday. 


***
What completed series do you wish had more books? Did any of mine make your list? Let me know in the comments or drop a link to your TTT!
Happy Reading Bookdragons!
-Taylor

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They’re all really good and a mix of genres: thriller, sci-di, fantasy, and paranormal! I hope you check some of them out! 🙂

      Delete
  2. They look like good books ☺️ I added standalones to my list as I don't read many series.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-completed-series-i-wish-had-more-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t read many series anymore either or if I do I’ll read the first book, love them, and never get the ambition to read the others 😆.

      Delete
  3. I've not read any of these, but I hope you get continuations someday!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-382/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re all great, I definitely recommend! The only one likely to get more books is the Stormheart Series by Cora Carmack, but only if she feels well enough to write.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but I'm glad you loved them enough to want more! That's the sign of a great series, I think.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that definitely marks them a great series if you want to stay and explore that world/character/story more. The one I would absolutely die for more of is definitely the Goodnight Family books by Rosemary Clement-Moore but she hasn’t published anything in years 😭

      Delete

Read NIGHT OF TERROR