Sunday, August 7, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 8 August, 2022

#IMWAYR is a weekly meme started on J Kaye’s blog and then was hosted by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

Hey Bookdragons! I was able to catch up on a lot of reading this past week during down times at work and I'm on track to get back to my August TBR Hopefuls. I hope your month is off to a good start!

What I Read Last Week: 

My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey

I finished this one last Monday and I really loved it. It was high on spice and humorous in spots, although I thought the murder mystery got a little lost with all the sexy times and was a bit thrown together in the end. I'm wondering now if Jude will get his own book. I kind of hope so?

Chaos & Carnage by Stacey Rourke

This was a quick read, which I was expecting. I finished it in about an hour at work. I admit, I liked the first three books in this series that focused on Tempest more. I'm still kind of iffy on Malaria as a main character. 

The Dark One by Nikki St. Crowe

The first book on my August TBR. I read this one during one of my overnight shifts at work and now I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out in September! I loved seeing more of this version of Neverland and all of the sexy times, but I really want some chapters in Vane's perspective. I hope we get some in the third book. We also learn more about Cherry in this book (ugh, I hate her!!) and we get to meet Captain Hook!

Currently Reading: 

Gallant by V.E. Schwab


I started this one on Thursday night and I really liked the way it's written at first and can see why it has Crimson Peak comps. The main character seems a little more Middle-Grade age appropriate so far than what I was expecting. And I'm finding it to be such a slow read that I'm not really sure I want to finish it. I feel like I know where the story is going but it's taking so achingly long to get there. It literally took me 6 hours to read 70 pages at work the other night. Normally I could have either finished a book or almost finished a book in that time. 
 
Next Read

Fate Touched by Becky Moynihan

Fate Touched has been on my TBR since I finished reading Curse Touched a few months ago. I got my copy in June and was going to read it while I was in Deadwood but I didn't have much reading time. It's about time I see how this trilogy ends!! 


*** 

 What are you reading this week? Have you read any of my recent reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR