Friday, December 18, 2015

My Writing & Publishing Goals for 2016

        2015 was a big year for me. My career as a published author was officially launched, I published two novels, and I started and finished writing the second book in my Eternals Trilogy.

       With those accomplishments under my belt, what do I have in store for 2016?

        1.) Publish Out of Darkness (Eternals Trilogy #1)
                   I finished writing Out of Darkness at the end of 2014 and I'm excited to get started on the publishing process for Out of Darkness. I have a mock cover created with the stock images I want to use (yes I do my own covers with the exception of The Haunting Love, which WCP did) and I'll begin rounds of edits after January 1. Tentatively I'd like to publish Out of Darkness in either April or May 2016.


       2.) Write and Complete Through the Fog (Eternals Trilogy #3)
                   I have started the final book in the Eternals Trilogy. I have the first chapter or two planned out and the overall storyline together, it's just a matter of putting pen to paper. Once I finish my post-NaNoWriMo relaxing I'll dive right in. Hopefully I'll be into the third chapter by the first week of January.

        3.) Publish Into the Light (Eternals Trilogy #2) 
                  At this point this is nothing but a pipe dream. If I do publish Into the Light in 2016 it will probably be toward the end of the year (November or December).

         4.) Participate in NaNoWriMo 2016 
                    I had so much fun doing NaNoWriMo this year, I can't wait to do it again and I already have a great story idea.

         5.) Do a Writing Residency / Retreat or Go Somewhere to Write for a Week or so
                    It would be a dream to be in a cottage in New England or somewhere writing by the ocean. A girl can only dream. Maybe I can have a weekend getaway to Door County (the Cape Cod of the Midwest). 

         6.) Attend a Writing Conference
                    I'd love to attend a writing conference or book festival either here in Wisconsin or somewhere in the Midwest to meet and connect with other authors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR