Wednesday, January 6, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #4

I didn't get in as much reading time as I'd like since New Year's Day. I'm starting the beginning of a new novel so writing has taken up a bulk of my time. This week for "WIR"-Wednesday I'm reading: 

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Blurb:
Amy Goodnight knows that the world isn't as simple as it seems. She also understands that "normal" doesn't mix with magic, and she's worked hard to build a wall between the two worlds. Not only to protect her family, who are all practicing witches, but to protect any hope of ever having a normal life herself.
Ranch-sitting for her aunt in Texas should be exactly that: good old ordinary, uneventful hard work. Only, Amy and her sister, Phin, aren't alone. There's someone else in the house with them--and it's not the living, breathing, amazingly hot cowboy from the ranch next door.
It's a ghost, and it's more powerful than the Goodnights and all their protective spells combined. It wants something from Amy, and none of her carefully built defenses can hold it back.
This is the summer when the wall between Amy's worlds is going to come crashing down.

Why I love this book / Why I Picked It:
I always try to read this book around the new year. It's one of my favourite books of all time and I love it.
Amy Goodnight always tries to project that she is the normal one in her family of witches. She and her sister Phin are spending the summer at their Aunt's ranch while she is away on vacation. 
Things start going awry when someone discovers a set of remains on the neighbor's land and Amy's sister wants to try out her new invention the "Kirlianometer"* (I can't remember the exact name) and Amy finds herself bound to a ghost that seems to want to freeze her to death. To make matters worse Amy can never seem to act normal around her sexy but grumpy neighbor Ben. 
I love this book (I know I've said that already); as usual Rosemary Clement-Moore has the ability of making witty, hilarious, relatable characters. 

Who this book is for / My Rating:
This book is for teens and anyone that loves a good story. I've read this book at least 5 or 6 times and I keep coming back. If you're a fan of Rosemary Clement-Moore and if you like her Maggie Quinn series or the Splendor Falls, then you will enjoy this book! Haven't read anything by this author before? Give her a try! She's wonderful and her writing style is sort of similar to Meg Cabot, plus her writing is full of humor.

My rating: 5 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR