Thursday, December 31, 2015

BIG New Year's Eve Book Blog

      In terms of my favorite books of 2015 I'm calling this year "The Year of the Indie", because out of my top 12 favorite books 42% are written by Indie Authors and of the 13 authors I discovered and loved this year 62% are Indie or Semi-Indie Authors. Note: Not all of these books were published in 2015 - they are just books that I read and enjoyed in 2015!


My Top 12 Favorite Books for 2015:

12. Finding Cinderlla by Colleen Hoover
This is a novella I picked up for free on my Nook. I've heard of Colleen Hoover before but I hadn't read anything by her before. Her writing does remind me of a number of other authors like Abbi Glines and K.A. Tucker. Finding Cinderella is a really great story and I devoured it within hours. Daniel and Six's story is romantic and bittersweet all at the same time. If you like Sky and Holder's story in Hopeless and Losing Hope you'll love this novella. 


11. Just A Little Crush by Renita Pizzitola
Just A Little Crush is a great book. Another one of those quick reads I couldn't put this book down. Brinley Dawson doesn't want to like Ryder Briggs, but the more she gets to know him the less she can resist... until she learns she was part of a cruel game. Is falling for Ryder a huge mistake or could Ryder be someone to hang onto?





10. Chasing River by K.A. Tucker
This book makes me want to buy a ticket to Dublin and fall for a sexy Irish Bartender. Enough said. K.A. Tucker continues to be an amazing author, one of my favorites!







9. Anew (Archers of Avalon #1) by Chelsea Fine

Three curses. Two brothers. One love triangle. Sometimes love is meant to be. But sometimes...love is the death of you. This book and the following two books in the trilogy are soooo good! I can read this trilogy over and over again. 






8. Ghost Hand (PSS Chronicles #1) by Ripley Patton
This book is a whole other level of paranormal. What do you do when you're born with a phantom limb and people are out to get you? Ripley Patton is a great author and I'm happy I discovered this series. 







7. The Haunting of Springett Hall by E.B. Wheeler
What happens when you wake up as a ghost with no memory of how you died or your life before you died? This book reminded me of the movie The Haunting with a love story added in. 







6. Oblivion (Nevermore #3) by Kelly Creagh
The perfect conclussion to Kelly Creagh's Nevermore trilogy and one more trip into the world of Poe's imagination. Will Isobel and Varen get a happy ending?







5. Blur (Night Roamers #1) by Kristen Middleton
A sexy vampire - paranormal romance novel for older teens. This book draws you in from the first page and will have you downloading the rest of the series the minute you finish. 







4. Second Hearts (Wishes #2) by GJ Walker-Smith
Follow Charli as she heads to New York to find her wonder boy Adam. But life in New York won't be easy.. and Adam hasn't told her everything he left behind in New York when he arrived in Australia. I love all of the books in this series by GJ Walker-Smith. They're addictive and you feel like you're part of Charli and Adam's world. 





3. Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I can't gush enough about this book. One of my absolute favorites this year and quite unlike anything I've read before.








2. Play (Stage Dive #2) by Kylie Scott
Mal Erikson will forever be my favorite guy in the Stage Dive series. He's just plain awesome. Read this book about how bookish Anne and rockstar Mal fall in love. 







1. The Hotter You Burn (Original Heartbreakers #2) by Gena Showalter
Who wouldn't have a soft spot for resident bad girl Harlow Glass after reading even a little bit of this book? Beck Ockley is just plain dreamy, so prepare to fall in love with your new book boyfriend. 







Authors I Discovered and Love in 2015:
1. Kristen Middleton (Author of the Night Roamer books)
2. Gena Showalter (Author of the Original Heartbreakers series and more)
3. Kylie Scott (Author of the Stage Dive series)
4. Ripley Patton (Author of the PSS Chronicles)
5. E.B. Wheeler (Author of The Haunting of Springett Hall)
6. Kelly Creagh (Author of the Nevermore Trilogy)
7. GJ Walker-Smith (Author of the Wishes Series)
8. Chelsea Fine (Author of the Archers of Avalon Trilogy & the 'Best Kind of" trilogy)
9. Susan Vaught (Author of Insanity)
10. Kim Liggett (Author of Blood and Salt)
11. K.E. O'Connor (Author of the School of Exorcists Series)
12. K.A. Robinson (Author of Toxic & it's series)
13. Kimberly Loth (Author of the Thorn Chronicles)

Series / Trilogies That Ended in 2015:
The Marked Men Series by Jay Crownover (6 books)
Stage Dive Series by Kylie Scott (4 books)
The Nevermore Trilogy by Kelly Creagh (3 books)
Dark Elements Trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout (3 books)
Original Heartbreakers Trilogy by Gena Showalter (3 books)

That's a wrap! I read a ton of amazing books in 2015, unfortunately if I listed them all this blog would never end. What were some of your favorite books that you read in 2015? Did one of my novels make the list? Let me know in the comments!
Happy New Year! See you in 2016!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR