Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"What I'm Reading" Wednesday #9

    This week I'm diving back into the world of Gena Showalter's Original Heartbreakers trilogy...


The Harder You Fall by Gena Showalter
Blurb:
Millionaire video-game creator Lincoln West has a dark and tragic past. The sought-after bachelor lives by a rigid schedule and a single rule - one relationship per year, lasting no more than two months - until a brash beauty dredges up long-buried emotions.

A reformed party girl, Jessie Kay Dillon is determined to walk the straight and narrow. But her love-hate sizzle with West is just too irresistible. They can't be near each other without tearing off their clothes, but the last thing she needs is to be his next two-month dump. Will she become the one exception? Because as any former girl-gone-wild knows: rules are made to be broken. 

Why I chose this book: 
I loved the first two books and I can't wait to see how West and Jessie Kay's story plays out. 

Here's what else I read since last week...

The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter
Blurb:


Tortured by a violent past, ex-con Jase Hollister is looking to start over in a small town. The rugged bachelor suffering from PTSD longs for peace and quiet, always keeping his women at a distance—and his heart encased in stone. 

Brook Lynn Dillon is a down on her luck waitress determined to avoid the man every woman in town wants—including her sister. The last thing she needs is his kind of trouble. But his every glance makes her burn…and her resistance is melting fast. 

The two agree to a one-time fling, not expecting to be forever branded. Now, no matter how hard they try, they can't keep their hands off each other. But when a secret from Jase's past comes to light, they'll have to face a cold, hard truth: it's more than Jase's freedom on the line, it's their hearts.

What I Thought Of This Book:
I thought nothing could be better than Harlow and Beck's story in The Hotter You Burn, but each book I read in this trilogy is equally great. Jase and Brook Lynn are perfect and I love how the author includes recipes at the back of the book. I'll have to try the cheesy chicken spaghetti. I could not put this book down.
My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read NIGHT OF TERROR